.183 OTA update install keeps failing on Droid RAZR

ktraub

Reaction score
.181 OTA update install keeps failing on Droid RAZR

Hello All,
Can anyone help me please? I finally got the .181 OTA update this morning but it keeps failing to install.
The download finishes and my phone reboots but it appears that the 'unpack' gets about 1/3 of the way through and then the phone reboots again.
I was rooted, but I temporarily unrooted with Voodoo OTA rootkeeper. Also, I had used Ti backup to freeze some apps, but I unfrooze all of them before checking for the update.
I have not removed any apps.
Any help would be appreciated.
-Kev

subsynth

Reaction score
I am in the same boat.

I was stock, rooted. Nothing frozen, nothing removed. I tried Voodoo RootKeeper, didn't work.

I removed Root all together with the Droid Razr Utility (which I rooted with originally)

Still get update failed. I've uninstalled Root apps, SU, etc.

I saw this on XDA, but I only have the one logwrapper file in my system/bin folder, so I don't know if this would apply or not.

DocsDad

Reaction score
I was stock and the .181 update was successful on the first go around. Hope it gets worked out for you.

Any other success or failures out there?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I was rooted with APPS frozen so knowing this was coming out I unfroze everything a few days ago. Today (I mentioned this is another thread) I accidently did the OTA without backing up my ROOT access. The update still went through just fine but I lost root, however I used the Razr Utility in the hacks sections and re-rooted my phone no problems.

If you are failing it seems your system is not at the point it should be for an upgrade. Are you sure there are not frozen apps sitting there, can you make a filter for frozen apps and make sure none come up?

If you are still having problems you might need to do a fastboot with the Razr Utility in the hacks section and then update from there. You are currently on the .173 right?

subsynth

Reaction score
yeah, I'm .173. I didn't freeze anything. Now I'm going to have to re-root to make sure and start over I guess.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I found this in my log...

" Verifying current system...
failed to stat "/system/app/VZWIM.apk": No such file or directory
file "/system/app/VZWIM.apk" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to stat "/data/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/VZWIM.apk", "42c79537fd1c731d331368bee41923e8e6c20c71", "67b41ea216f98d59e6acba7ad92ad7108f667412")
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/VZWIM.apk", "42c79537fd1c731d331368bee41923e8e6c20c71", "67b41ea216f98d59e6acba7ad92ad7108f667412")
E:Error in /cache/Blur_Version.6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted."

Cache/recovery /last log

Can't figure out why its failed, the vzmim. Apk was renamed to (.bak) .
I navigate to the file and click as to instal and get the "parsing" error.

Edit : lmfao @ :) those weren't there

----posted maxx'ed out----

Thach

Reaction score
If you are not able to update, there is something that is not right with your system. Something is still froze or uninstalled. If you have checked and nothing is froze or missing but still having issues updating, I would suggest fastbooting to 173 and then trying again.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are not able to update, there is something that is not right with your system. Something is still froze or uninstalled. If you have checked and nothing is froze or missing but still having issues updating, I would suggest fastbooting to 173 and then trying again.

That's in my plans tonight...

----posted maxx'ed out----

jviper6000

Reaction score
Hello All,
Can anyone help me please? I finally got the .181 OTA update this morning but it keeps failing to install.
The download finishes and my phone reboots but it appears that the 'unpack' gets about 1/3 of the way through and then the phone reboots again.
I was rooted, but I temporarily unrooted with Voodoo OTA rootkeeper. Also, I had used Ti backup to freeze some apps, but I unfrooze all of them before checking for the update.
I have not removed any apps.
Any help would be appreciated.
-Kev

Dude I am in the same exact boat to the T. I would like to update but it is failing............dancedroid

subsynth

Reaction score
I had tweaked my build.prop and that was the issue, all I did was change the wifiscan interval. That's it. Failed every time. I had to use the Droid Razr Utility to downgrade / wipe and start from scratch.

Logan3824

Reaction score
I guess I was lucky? I have many apps frozen and yet I was still able to install the update....Wicked. :blink:

jviper6000

Reaction score
I had tweaked my build.prop and that was the issue, all I did was change the wifiscan interval. That's it. Failed every time. I had to use the Droid Razr Utility to downgrade / wipe and start from scratch.
:byepalm:
Yup that's exactly what i did! I used rom toolbox and changed the build prop for the wifi scan interval.....okay so now I
know why I can't update next thing to do is fast boot back to stock : ( but I need to check out how to that! Lol well wish me luck.

Eusibius2

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat.... Any way to use rom toolbox to reset your build.prop file??

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx

x25064

Reaction score
Can't update myself. Nothing tweaked, stock rooted.

Used voodoo to keep root and tried a temp unroot. Everything is defrosted, I am completely stumped.