Opinion of Droid X roms

JWellington

Reaction score
I actually tried dark slide, but I couldn't get into it. I am not too happy with the theme it has. Apex is excellently done, containing just the right amount if blur. Liberty 1.0 was excellent, with many fantastic themes available. Rubix felt a bit boring to me. I'm about to start doing backups...I'm going to liberty 1.5; I'd like to see what the hype is about.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JWellington

Reaction score
There is no need for this. Let's be civil here. We all love our droids.

Swyped from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

deftdrummer

Reaction score
I recently installed Apex's newest rom 1.3.3 I believe is the version. I had installed roms on my OG Droid but have just been simply rooted on the Droid X for some time before this.

I found right away that Apex is MUCH better in terms of battery life, stability, and clutter compared to ANY roms I tried on my Droid. I am gathering that Liberty is a popular ROM, but I've had no issues with Fabolous's Apex ROM.

I went with Fabolous's rom because he is a long time contributer to the Droid community and it was great to see that he got into creating his own roms. I also had known his tastes in speed and stability so I felt this would be a natural choice.

OP
H

HelpeRX

Reaction score

I never gave apex that much time but i keep hearing how its the best for battery so im about to flash it now will tell you how it works =d.

deftdrummer

Reaction score
I flashed Apex on my original DX 1500 mah battery and instantly got 23 hours of battery life the first day. I'm now calibrating my Seidio Innocell 2800mah battery with Battery Left Widget and am going on my 13th hour with 40% battery life. Of course this info is coming from my first calibration on the 2800mah battery so battery life should improve a tad.

JWellington

Reaction score
I think that overall, motorola did a great job with the mastery life on the dx. If you look at the EVO or the Incredible , you would see the droid x's battery life is out of the norm.

Swyped from my Droid X.

cvhovey

Reaction score
I've run a good number of DX roms, liking some more than others, and disliking some that imbed themselves in your system making it harder to remove. I think at best among the various roms, I got up to 28 hour but right now I don't recall which of those roms it was. Anyway, I went the sbf/factory reset route to start from a clean slate. Similar to jellybean420, I'm running stock odexed de-bloated (freezing unwanted apps via Titanium), then used QuickOverclock to determine my lowest voltage range and set underclock to 300-900.

What caught my attention was how zippy and responsive my set-up was working AND the battery life was seeming to go on forever. Well, no, that forever, but with moderate usage, at 51 hours I still was at 30% on my battery. I could probably go 60 hours at that rate. I'm not using any battery saving techniques other than the built-in Battery Manager, along with Timeriffic...a free app on the Market that works great to let YOU schedule exactly when you might want to turn off wifi, put your phone into airplane mode, turn off sound, etc. etc. and then turn them back on (such as 10p-6a, or during classes, at work, on which days, or whatever).

So, I'm not motivated to re-load a custom rom that's guaranteed to both slow me down and drain my battery 2 to 3 times faster than what I'm getting now. Of course, YMMV.

eriscrazy

Reaction score
I agree the battery life on the DX is amazing if you train it right. Also the liberty rom battery tweaks that jrummy and kajar are testing are going to make it that much better. Also I would like to note that I ran a test the other day, I added my twitter and Facebook Widgets to my homescreens and I only got 9 hours or so out of my battery as to were I normally get 18+, so bye bye twitter and Facebook widget I can do with out you.

Sent from my Liberated Droid X!

DJxPanda

Reaction score
So really the only rom ive tried is darkslide blurless. Its really really nice. Currently im at 50% battery, and ive been going for 15 or so hours. So... This thing is rockin. I love the theme, the effects and stuff are really nice and classy. The addons are awesome, and having it blurless is a nice thing to have.

Id say darkslide in general. Blur or blurless.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

zenman77

Reaction score
I would stay with Liberty , but I cannot stand for the lack of HDMI support. I actually like blur myself. I don't really care for battery life too much. It seems like a bragging rights thing really; I just carry around 3 fully charged batteries and the problem is no more...they sell for ~$14 on Amazon

So how do you charge these short of swapping them out in your phone? They need to make a stand alone battery charger....

Droid X, Liberty 1.5

They do.... at cellphoneshop.net for about $8

JWellington

Reaction score
I would stay with Liberty , but I cannot stand for the lack of HDMI support. I actually like blur myself. I don't really care for battery life too much. It seems like a bragging rights thing really; I just carry around 3 fully charged batteries and the problem is no more...they sell for ~$14 on Amazon

So how do you charge these short of swapping them out in your phone? They need to make a stand alone battery charger....

Droid X, Liberty 1.5

They do.... at cellphoneshop.net for about $8

Oh yea, they've already made these. They have it on amazon for one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004B8ECR4/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=AKBC2HTGGFZVH

Swyped from my Droid X.