Which ROM is best?!?!

earns

Reaction score
This is another opinion thread, lol...but, I think if you want speed, customiziation, decent battery life and the latest of pure google....Go with Cm7! Or Liberty 3 is updated and I'm hearing good on it. Also, apex used to be on froyo, the best batt life. But not too much else....peace!

Tapped by the Droid Drummer!
Cyanogen Hunger--------Peace---------->>>

If u like CM7 so much then u will love SSX 2.2 its got everything CM7 has plus more goodies and WAY better battery life.. its based off CM7.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

TanookiTravis

Reaction score
Cm7 is good, SSx 2.2 is really good. Its like CM7 on steroids... im currently running Liquid Smooth 3.1 and i love it. The customization of it is really good and my battery lasts me all day with moderate use.

I was running the same thing until just yesterday I got a voice mail and I can no longer make phone calls anymore. I've done everything from clearing cache, to factory resetting, to even installing the same ROM again but nothing fixes it. Have you had any issues like that?

dAi

Reaction score
Nobody said anything about ICX rom?

chiruscan

Reaction score
My fave ROM so far is probably Shuji 2.2. I like the streamlined themes and the battery life.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right now, I've gotta say, MIUI ICS, but Cm7 gb is always going to be my baby!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

naman919

Reaction score
There are more recent builds. I am on the 10-19 build and there is a 10-21a build. I am getting them through ROM Toolbox Pro.

Newer builds are here:
[DEV_THREAD]DroidX CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel - RootzWiki

Here is the 10-19 build file:
http://revnumbers.synik4l.net/CM4DX-GB-20111019.zip

Don't forget to flash Gapps so you can sign into Google and download apps from the market. The file is here:
http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Flash CM7 and then flash the Gapps file

Boot Manager

I'm on the 11/05 version of the above and the autofocus isn't working on the camera. is that a symptom of all CM7 builds?

draexo

Reaction score
I'm on the 11/05 version of the above and the autofocus isn't working on the camera. is that a symptom of all CM7 builds?

Rev broke something in his release. There is a way to fix it on Rootzwiki.

I am not on Vortex Rom, which is blur-based but I am thinking that is the way to go.

naman919

Reaction score
Updated Info On RevNumbers CM4DX-GB - RootzWiki went to the thread above and i see the method for fixing the camera but it doesn't seem to be resolving the issue.

i downloaded the camera.apk and copied it to the system/app folder, rebooted but still no autofocus. Am i doing something wrong?

DyMiC

Reaction score
I had nothing but issues with MIUI... both the GB and ICX builds.

If I let my phone die, it wouldn't charge back up. I think it had something to do with bad battery stats or something. I tried wiping Battery Stats and everything to no avail. It finally all ended when my phone automatically factory reset itself and 3G wouldn't come on.

Right now, I'm back on Stock .602... and rooted. I'm debated on SBFing once again, and going to Stock .605 rooted.

I'd really like more functionality, though. I miss the toggles being in the notification bar. That's my biggest thing. Toggles in the Notification Bar.

clueless77

Reaction score
there is not an SBF for .605 only .602, you simply need to go back rooted and take the OTA update, it will lose root, but all .605 is a keyboard fix, you can flash any .605 ROM over .602

RevNumbers CM4DX GB is good fast stable and decent battery
Liquid 3.2 is also good

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can try Liberty 3 also for a smooth ROM with notification bar toggles

X

dirtysanchez

Reaction score
I am not on Vortex Rom, which is blur-based but I am thinking that is the way to go.
\

I just switched from CM7 to Vortex Supercharge bal 256. my main reason is its a rom with a pull down power & a working blur camera which i missed in CM7, GO launcher works really good on this rom so i suggest trying it out before changing to anything else. Also I have had the best battery life now than any other rom so far.

Last edited: