Which ROM is best?!?!

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by Top_Droid, Jul 11, 2011.

1. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Yeah since the only change is the keyboard pretty much. Just make sure you wipe data, cache and manually format the system and mount it. Then flash it

Boot Manager

2. naman919

naman919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, i'm hating my Droid X at the moment. My OG Droid died a couple months ago so i picked up a used DX off CL. I HATE the selection of ROMs. I know that it's because of the locked bootloader that some of the system API's can't be fully accessed, but all the ROMs i've tried have just been stressful and frustrating.

I've tried MIUI, Liquid Gingerbread, Apex, CM Nightly, Vortex and a couple random ROMs. I have spent a week or more with each ROM. All of these have had major problems, like the camera issues with gingerbread kernel based ROMs. So, i'm going back to Liquid Gingerbread 2.4, which aside from not being able to add new contacts, has been the best experience.

So what's everyone running now? Seems like all the gingerbread kernel based ROMs have major issues.

3. SupraRZ95

SupraRZ95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Running cm7. Camera works great minus button. Been on liberty 1.5 to lgb .09 now cm7 for a few to try it out. It just seems like u have some terrible luck. Did u always wipe data and cache and dalvik cache seperatly? I did all 3,3 times. A little overkill but worth the extra minute. Haven't had any issues other than the ones Ive caused.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

4. Top_Droid

Top_Droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I always find myself back on CM7 its pretty much flawless to me. I use vegnette for the camera and never had a problem. The only known issue with the stock camera is you can't use the on screen zoom, cuz it will FC. They say to just go into the settings and use the volume rocker for zooming.

Sent from my rooted DX on DroidForums

5. clueless77

clueless77 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I personally ran shuji 2.2 and am running shuji 2.5 atm and have found it to be best on battery aside from cm7 and i really like simply stunning as well

6. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I'm running CM7 and Darkslide with Boot Manager so I can use the HDMI. I am about to load Liberty 3 on another slot to try it out

Boot Manager

7. chiruscan

chiruscan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The best battery life I got so far was with shuji 2.2

8. naman919

naman919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, i'm versed in the "wiping" methods, if you will. I guess i'll give CM7 a try. I can just sbf .602 root and upgrade from there right? The camera physical button doesn't work for CM7, that's all? are you loading the nightly every day? if not, can you recommend the most recent build you found the most stable.

Thanks for the heads up. Small issues like this that make me miss my OG Droid so dearly, but i've become accustomed to the larger screen on the DX and i don't think i could ever go back.

i'll have to check out shuji 2.2. Sounds like it could be a winner. I'm aware of SS, from back in the day. i didn't realize it was still around and modded for the DX. nice. thanks.

wait, i didn't think bootmanager worked for the DX bc of the locked bootloader. i have to look into this. thanks.

looks like i'm gonna take the CM7 plunge and use BM to mess with shuji and SS.

Thanks for all your help. i'll report back with plenty to ***** about i'm sure. ha. just in one of those moods i guess.

9. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    You can't use the official CM7 builds with GB. You have to use Revnumber's builds.

http://revnumbers.info/dx.html

Technically, you don't have to take the .605 update, you can run it off .602.

Boot Manager

10. naman919

naman919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    why can't i use the CM7 nightly's from the wiki? are they froyo kernel based? not sure i trust the revnumber builds considering i have no idea who/what's compiling them.

11. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Because they're Froyo based. Revnumbers takes them and adds tweaks and makes them GB kernel. He also is on RootzWiki.

I have been running them off and on since August back when he still did Froyo kernel. Its good stuff and has never given me any trouble.

Boot Manager

12. naman919

naman919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks. would you recommend the 8-28 or 8-29 build?

Search tags for this page

best .605 rom droid x

best blur rom for droid x

best droid turbo rom

best rom for a13

conflicts with jedi x rom and rom toolbox pro