Oofficial Froyo update coming REALLY soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickMonkey

Reaction score
I read on a forum that some guy knows a Verizon employee that says the update will come out soon. :icon_eek: Checks for update.....

Caden

Reaction score
Leaked to get ota update too?

Will we be able to download the official Verizon 2.2 once it starts the otas?

wademvp91

Reaction score
All I'm saying is that I had the Official 2.2 OTA from Verizon on my original Droid, and I HATED it. It slowed the phone down, and weird things started happening, i.e. freezes on home screen, all texts being deleted, browser randomly force closes and resets for me, so I'm hoping that they dont rush it and its better then it was for the OD

Reaction score
I read on a forum that some guy knows a Verizon employee that says the update will come out soon. :icon_eek: Checks for update.....

I have no reason to doubt the OP. I had the very same email his friend is telling him about, but it did, indeed, self destruct. Damn thing took my PC and phone with it.

themuttt

Reaction score
9/6 would be nice, that is when my DX is supposed to show up

idiotekniQues

Reaction score

I have no reason to doubt the OP. I had the very same email his friend is telling him about, but it did, indeed, self destruct. Damn thing took my PC and phone with it.

lucky you. my entire office blew up when i tried to forward that top-secret email.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Let me explain 2 things too you guys...

1. The froyo build for the DX is finished and has been for months.

2. Once Moto pushes out enough Droid 2's, they will upgrade the X to froyo.

Its all marketing... No one will buy the D2 if the X has froyo, hell most people would rather wait a month to get the X then to walk out with a D2. Even tho the D2 is a niceish device.

I promise, its all marketing, has nothing to do with bugs/qa its all about money.

Richie97

Reaction score
All I'm saying is that I had the Official 2.2 OTA from Verizon on my original Droid, and I HATED it. It slowed the phone down, and weird things started happening, i.e. freezes on home screen, all texts being deleted, browser randomly force closes and resets for me, so I'm hoping that they dont rush it and its better then it was for the OD
How else is VZW supposed to get you guys to upgrade to a DX/D2?

Mekk

Reaction score
Its all marketing... No one will buy the D2 if the X has froyo, hell most people would rather wait a month to get the X then to walk out with a D2. Even tho the D2 is a niceish device.

Looking at the specs on the chart post around here some place. The only thing nicer about the D2 is more RAM. Love my X dancedroid

Richie97

Reaction score

Looking at the specs on the chart post around here some place. The only thing nicer about the D2 is more RAM. Love my X dancedroid
Droid X and D2 have the same amount of ram. Froyo just lets the D2 use more. A froyo'd Droid X should be the exact same hardware as a D2, with a bigger screen and no keyboard.

jstuart83

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.