Oofficial Froyo update coming REALLY soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xpain

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Tom Cruise, inventor of the droid x. He says the update is coming 12/12/2012 and that we should be ok.
what happens in 12/12/2012? I hope nothing too weird, because 9 days later we all die... ;o)

db306

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Tom Cruise, inventor of the droid x. He says the update is coming 12/12/2012 and that we should be ok.
what happens in 12/12/2012? I hope nothing too weird, because 9 days later we all die... ;o)

I think they are hoping that FROYO will help deflect the solar flares and prevent the earth from exploding! I think.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
For whats its worth. Phil over at Android central had what is a supposed reliable source stating that it was going to drop tomorrow but................ it was postponed!! :):):):) Gotta love it

I wonder if the email telling him that the update was postponed self destructed?

Ive heard so many of these stories from top secret inside reliable sources that are never correct, that Ill believe the update only when it shows up on my DX!

abandonedbyheroes

Reaction score
Come on people... seriously? It's going to release when it's going to release and you'll know about it when the official press release is made. Not some guy who got an email saying "Blah blah blah.... my girlfiend has herpes now I do too but at least it's version 2.2"

db306

Reaction score
Come on people... seriously? It's going to release when it's going to release and you'll know about it when the official press release is made. Not some guy who got an email saying "Blah blah blah.... my girlfiend has herpes now I do too but at least it's version 2.2"

Pictures or it didn't happen :):):):)

abandonedbyheroes

Reaction score

Ask and you shall receive... as seen under a microscope.

vi2omw.jpg

db306

Reaction score

Ask and you shall receive... as seen under a microscope.

vi2omw.jpg

Alright. I guess I believe ya!! :)

Schimm

Reaction score
Are froyo release date forecasts ever met? Don't hold your breath.....unless you can for 30 days or more.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Are froyo release date forecasts ever met? Don't hold your breath.....unless you can for 30 days or more.

I agree with you, however this thread started out with somebody once again claiming to have some special inside info that the release was coming this week, not some vague forecast for "later this month". (and then the email about this update mysteriously vaporized)

Just be skeptical when you read posts like this, because they are almost never correct, and are usually just about somebody trying to get some attention. It cracks me up that so many people still believe these types of posts.

We'll get the update when we get it. Maybe this month, maybe not.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
ok, so now its Thursday evening and Im beggining to think that the poster gave us some bad info about 2.2 being released this week. I guess I shouldnt believe everything I read on the interwebs.

debacle

Reaction score
ok, so now its Thursday evening and Im beggining to think that the poster gave us some bad info about 2.2 being released this week. I guess I shouldnt believe everything I read on the interwebs.
Yeah, and next you are going to say I shouldnt believe everything I read on wikipedia also. :rolleyes:

wmscottmc

Reaction score
OP, please check with your best friend/reliable source. Ive been waiting all week for the 2.2 update and still dont have it!!!!!!!

bitter

Reaction score
OP, please check with your best friend/reliable source. Ive been waiting all week for the 2.2 update and still dont have it!!!!!!!

You know it's been said "early September" right? It's September 3rd, you're getting a bit antsy.

LoffKat

Reaction score
Update happening

I was on the phone with verizon support yesterday and the person on the other end said the update will be rolled out within the next 3-5 days. that's directly from verizon wireless.

if he knows or not is another matter, but he said it rather quickly as if it were prepared, discussed and ready. dancedroid I am very excited to get the update

Status
Not open for further replies.