Oofficial Froyo update coming REALLY soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rskap67

Reaction score
The only thing that is for sure is that NO ONE knows when this update is coming out. Nobody's brothers,uncles,neighbor's friend who knows someone who used to work at Verizon knows. Nobody. I want this update as much as anyone else but I will believe it when I see it on my phone. I think the manner in which they are doing this really stinks but what can we do? Just have to be patient and wait.

Jon K

Reaction score
I heard the closer you are to the verizon building the sooner you will get the OTA update. Who wants to camp out?

Lightninrod

Reaction score
I am worried about whether I will get the OTA update or not. When I to About Phone and then press System updates, I get the message "Check for update was not available at this time.

Try again later."

I use to get something like "No updates are available for your phone now."

It's been this way for weeks now. Should I be worried?

dvsmith2008

Reaction score
I am worried about whether I will get the OTA update or not. When I to About Phone and then press System updates, I get the message "Check for update was not available at this time.

Try again later."

I use to get something like "No updates are available for your phone now."

It's been this way for weeks now. Should I be worried?

No. It would still get pushed to you.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Feh...I lost patience and did the manual update.
If a different OTA turns up someone will post that too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Abaddon

Reaction score
I really want this too, but I just heard of some people with the Original Droid having some issues after the official update. I know that devices are all different and some people will have issues while others may not, but I think I still may wait after it comes out. I can always do the update when I decide but I can't go back (unless I root and I don't want to attempt that - at least not yet). I just really want to see if there are problems. Waiting a few extra days won't make much difference at this point - I've already waited for over a month!

jdsabin1

Reaction score
I will wait until Saturday and then grab the manual update. Enough is enough.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
This is nothing. I got used to waiting for an upgrade for 6 moths or more with my BB Storm.

dxuser

Reaction score
This is nothing. I got used to waiting for an upgrade for 6 moths or more with my BB Storm.

Yes, but leaks and hybrids were awesome. One of the few things I miss about my BB. At least you could go back and install an old OS if you didn't like a leaked one.

ctxx24

Reaction score
Well its going to be a while..inc are just starting to get theres very slowly from what iam seeing..i doubt they will send ours out till inc is done...prolly 2 weeks at least

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Well its going to be a while..inc are just starting to get theres very slowly from what iam seeing..i doubt they will send ours out till inc is done...prolly 2 weeks at least

You are wrong my friend. The OP knows a verizon guy that told him it would be this week. And we are told that the guy is a reliable source, so check your DX often, the update should be here any minute!

Status
Not open for further replies.