One Touch Root for X with OTA 2.2

ryan4h

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a one touch root for the X that has OTA 2.2 froyo upgrade? Now that I updated my phone to froyo, I want to root my phone, but haven't come across any one touch methods. Thanks in advance.

liferefugee

Reaction score
One click roots should be reserved for speeding up the process, not relied upon for getting root in the first place. This will help ensure you know a little about the process to fix things should something go wrong.

Of course this is just my opinion...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One click roots should be reserved for speeding up the process, not relied upon for getting root in the first place. This will help ensure you know a little about the process to fix things should something go wrong.

Of course this is just my opinion...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

and u learn a little about commands :)

DarkJeckyll

Reaction score
One click root

This took me like 3 clicks and it was my first time it was purty straight forward.

Droid X

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a one touch root for the X that has OTA 2.2 froyo upgrade? Now that I updated my phone to froyo, I want to root my phone, but haven't come across any one touch methods. Thanks in advance.

How to: Root DROID X Running Official Android 2.2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I used this method. Worked pretty flawlessly. Yeah but you should at least familiarize yourself with what you are doing before you just click a button and then you are rooted. As someone stated above, you should at least kinda know what you are doing, in case something goes horribly wrong.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
whats wrong with doing it this way?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

its really simple and straight forward. and wont mess up root like other one click apps do

It would appear that there's multiple ways of rooting (I know... that's not exactly a revelation). The one above, and the two below (which appear to be the same). Is there any real difference? I do in fact have a Windows 7 PC and the method below looks easier. Does it matter? Is one easier or harder to un-root?

By the way... two questions (which I'm sure there's answers to mired in the thousands of threads on rooting)...

1. Why and when would you unroot?
2. How is it done?

Thanks.

This took me like 3 clicks and it was my first time it was purty straight forward.

Droid X

How to: Root DROID X Running Official Android 2.2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I used this method. Worked pretty flawlessly. Yeah but you should at least familiarize yourself with what you are doing before you just click a button and then you are rooted. As someone stated above, you should at least kinda know what you are doing, in case something goes horribly wrong.

OP
R

ryan4h

Reaction score
I took Abe's advice and rooted. Now what? I know that many of you will probably tell me to google search what to do next, but there are tons of articles, but I'm not sure what is relevant for my specific phone (droid x) with my specific OS (OTA 2.2). Abe can I use the link to your #6. Post Root? Should I download SPRecovery first?

All I really want to do now is install wife tethering and theme my phone.

Thanks!

Nevermind - I did a google search and downloaded clockwork mod and bootstrap. System backup - done. Going to download Titanium backup for apps now. All that's left for me to do now is find a theme (preferably one where I can get a black notification bar). Any suggestions?

Last edited: