one thing i've noticed

segen77

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but it seems that restarting the phone once a week (much like you would any computer) helps keep the phone running fast and clears up any minor issues. for example, I noticed when creating a new folder they wouldn't line up. reboot fixed. I also noticed that after reboot, I have more free memory then simply killing tasks.

Maybe it's all in my head, but it seems to work.

zegolf

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but it seems that restarting the phone once a week (much like you would any computer) helps keep the phone running fast and clears up any minor issues. for example, I noticed when creating a new folder they wouldn't line up. reboot fixed. I also noticed that after reboot, I have more free memory then simply killing tasks.

Maybe it's all in my head, but it seems to work.

This is, for all intents and purposes, a computer. Just like a computer, you have to perform a little maintenance from time to time!

fredm74

Reaction score
You are right, I have noticed that too. After a reboot, the Droid works much faster, smoother and it seems more "refreshed". I wouldn't be surprised once the updates launches next week, we all may have to reboot the Droid. It's definitely a mini-laptop.

Zippster

Reaction score
I never really noticed any issues, but I am not running 100's of apps like alot do, nevertheless I am doing random reboots just like any computer system.

jltung

Reaction score
Periodic rebooting

I have had my Droid for about a month and have rebooted twice to correct some

minor problems. My phone seems to be running better now also. I am

wondering if there are any short or long-term problems with periodic rebooting ?

DroidFan

Reaction score
I also find that when I battery pull/reboot once a week or so, the chances of the Droid freezing up reduces substantially. Coincidence? I think not. :D

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I have had my Droid for about a month and have rebooted twice to correct some

minor problems. My phone seems to be running better now also. I am

wondering if there are any short or long-term problems with periodic rebooting ?

not at all. it's actually a good thing : )

As the previous posters said The Droid is really a computer and needs "maintenance"

I consider the occasional reboot part of maintaining the device.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Considering the phone has been out for about 4 weeks isn't it a bit of a stretch to distinguish if its a coincidence or not...because if you skipped a week once or twice that would mean its only happened once or twice

I find fault with your logic...regardless if your opinion is correct.
(DroidFan my post is sarcastic but there is some validity to it.)

spalding12

Reaction score
mine seems to need a rebook every 2 days
but, i'm fine with that
it restarts quickly and perfectly
i await the 12/11 firmware update... hope that it fixes many issues
including my LACK OF GPS