No Daily Battery Pull, But A Daily Restart?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that at a certain time of the day my Droid browser starts lagging. Sometimes it takes as long as a Storm and sometimes I just have to stop the connection.

I've tried cleaning the cache, clearing everything out. I have task manager so I have killed all apps but they come back pretty quick and the problem starts again.

What I found that works, always, is simply turning the Droid off and starting it back up. So I'm thinking that Droid works better with a daily restart.

Any thoughts, comments?

YosM45

Reaction score
I restart mine pretty regularly, just to keep it fresh. It's a mini computer, and every computer needs to be restrarted every now and then.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Only reset my PC when it freezes or need a restart with an install or uninstall... same goes for my Droid... I let it run for months on end. (my PC, and the Droid will be the same)

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You were reading my mind. The last couple of days I have been home and had more time to set up (ok, play with) my Droid and have noticed that the "reboot" does seem to make the device quicker. Glad to see I wasn't the only one!

sethmo

Reaction score
46hrs uptime right now, only becuase I rooted and installed 2.1 on Saturday which requires a few reboots.

I have no issue with my phone getting laggy the longer it stays up.

dmacdonald

Reaction score
I'm going to VZW to get a replacement. When I press any of the bottom keys (home, search, menu, etc) the screen presses down and you can feel a click. That and I have to do a battery pull more often than i think I should.

Hope the next one is better!

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to VZW to get a replacement. When I press any of the bottom keys (home, search, menu, etc) the screen presses down and you can feel a click. That and I have to do a battery pull more often than i think I should.

Hope the next one is better!

Definitely, a battery pull is not part of the Droids make up. Have you tried just resetting it instead?

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
heh... anyway to make a script or app that reboots your droid at a set time or after a certain amount of time that the droid system has been up and running?

i wouldnt mind my droid doing a little reboot at 4am everyday while im fast asleep.

dmacdonald

Reaction score
I think the clicking of the screen as I press down on it is a bad enough to warrant a replacement. Though I have not tried a reset.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think the clicking of the screen as I press down on it is a bad enough to warrant a replacement. Though I have not tried a reset.

Absolutely... there shouldn't be a 'click'. This isn't a BB Storm! lol

lumpysherman

Reaction score
The lag could be due to a bad app that you may have installed or 1000 other things going on when the universe aligns itself like email sends and receives, contacts syncing, facebook syncing, twitter twittering all at once. Whew that's a lot of stuff going on. Be patient and the lag will go away. I usually try to restart mine nightly before it gets thrown on the charger but have gone days without any issues and other times it lags 30 minutes after a restart. Be happy you don't own a storm.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The lag could be due to a bad app that you may have installed or 1000 other things going on when the universe aligns itself like email sends and receives, contacts syncing, facebook syncing, twitter twittering all at once. Whew that's a lot of stuff going on. Be patient and the lag will go away. I usually try to restart mine nightly before it gets thrown on the charger but have gone days without any issues and other times it lags 30 minutes after a restart. Be happy you don't own a storm.

Hey man, I had a Storm 1 and a Storm 2 prior to the Droid. I ain't complaining, trust me. I just found what I think is a simple answer to any lag somebody may have.:)

Droids

Reaction score
Mine was on 24/7 since I updated it on the 10th, close to 300 hours until I forgot to charge it and it powered off. Back up to 150 hours at the moment. I never reboot and never experience lag or any other issue. Really if you need to reboot daily you have a flaky app installed. I have about fifty apps but no issues. I would expect daily reboots with a Windows phone but not one running Android.