What did you notice different after you successfully updated to v2.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1ng617

Reaction score
This thread is not to talk about the installation process or it's issues (there is a 1000+ post for that), but more to talk about what you have noticed different with the new firmware, because lets face it everything isn't always posted in the change log and somethings might have be unintended.

So I will start with the supposed change log from a Verizon email.

droid-21-release-notes-1024x764-630x470.jpg

Voice to text not only works for texts and emails but also inside apps like facebook and even the browser. Basically, whenever there is a text box the voice input button is to the left of the spacebar in portrait mode.

I noticed that the live wallpapers seem to lag the UI when scrolling through menus etc. When I turn it off and go to a static background the jerkiness goes away.

Also noticed in "running applications" there are two "voice search" programs running one 8.7mb and one 6.2mb, whereas before there was only one.

Also the live wallpapers is considered an open application and is in the running apps section.

Some people have stated that their battery has improved drastically. However, I have had 2.1 up for the past 5 hours and don't really notice any improvement. That may change when I have had an opportunity to run it for the whole day.

I have not had any application conflicts with the update, but live wallpapers did crash once and reverted back to an earlier static wall paper.

The news app seems pretty sweet I like the ability to swipe left and right between the different new categories, though it probably won't replace my current browser based RSS reader.

In the weather app if you tap the temperature it shows the temperature and the precipitation on a shaded line graph.

That's what I've got so far. What about you? :icon_ banana:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We already have a thread for discussing the update. It's in the sticky at the top. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.