[ROM] (Old)Maverick for the Droid3 (MavROM) - V2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
Doubleyoupee , looking forward to your impression, also considering the facts we requested :)

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Doubleyoupee , looking forward to your impression, also considering the facts we requested :)
Well haven't heard them about changing the toggles and it's not in the changelog so I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't changed. Same for UMTS fix and v7 speedy :p

codemonkey2k5

Reaction score
Love this rom but since 1.1 Google music has FC'd on me. I did wipe everything before install. Used your tool to install google music and all is fine until you hit play, then it force closes. Any ideas?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well haven't heard them about changing the toggles and it's not in the changelog so I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't changed. Same for UMTS fix and v7 speedy :p

The umts fix is goinng to be up the user. We included the parts or speedy/v6 that deemed usable and improved performance. The toggle thing i have asked quite a few people about and requires a bit a smali work that i am still learning. It will come with due time.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
The umts fix is goinng to be up the user.
Ok, but why? The UMTS does not harm CDMA users and helps those using GSM. Verizon deliberately messes with the way android sees GSM signal quality so it looks like GSM is inferior.
We included the parts or speedy/v6 that deemed usable and improved performance.
Great. The part which disables logging etc?
The toggle thing i have asked quite a few people about and requires a bit a smali work that i am still learning. It will come with due time.
ok:)

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Love this rom but since 1.1 Google music has FC'd on me. I did wipe everything before install. Used your tool to install google music and all is fine until you hit play, then it force closes. Any ideas?

This has to do with blocking ads thru the hosts file. Its intermittent which is frustrating. The fix I'm using right now is using rom toolbox and first unblocking ads then only checking the block ads check box. Try that and you should be good.

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Dj mod has to be ported again to include th fix for battery stats.

So 2.0 without DJmod has the same toggles as 1.0? In that case I will wait for the port :frown: edit: how long would it take?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So 2.0 without DJmod has the same toggles as 1.0? In that case I will wait for the port :frown: edit: how long would it take?

2.0 includes WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Airplane, Vibrate and Brightness by default.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just wanted to take a moment to remind people that rule #1 is Don't ask for an ETA. People have lives outside of Android and do this stuff for fun and as a service to the Community. However, they're not getting paid, so it is usually done in their spare time (aside from working 40+ hours a week)

I can tell you that both Buckmarble and Pedwards3x are constantly working on this ROM. I can also tell you that they have a lot going on in their personal lives.

Please be patient and take the updates as they come. This ROM has the most development being put into it (except for maybe Hashcode's ICS) by far out of all the D3 ROMs. Suggesting changes or additions is fine, but remember in the end, this is their ROM. If you don't like what it/they offer, maybe it's time to move on.

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
I understand.
Question: why do you have to wipe/factory reset BEFORE flashing with bootstrap and AFTER with safestrap?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Doesnt matter which order you do it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.