Official Thread: Gingerbread Leak With Root! Get It Now!

mzio

Reaction score
Im having problems installing the rom. Im a noob at this so don't harass me:) I downloaded the zip file, put it on my sd card. Installed bootstrap and rom manager. Went into recovery, wiped data and cashe, went to install zip from sd and selected the zip file. It goes to the screen where it says looking for update file blah blah and then it says installing update...and stays like that. I left it like that for a good hour and still nohing. Did a battery pull and it brought me back to a wiped droid, no gingerbread. Can somebody please tell me what im doing wrong? Thanks :) my phone is rooted and I have sys versio. 2.3.340 ota update.

megawatz

Reaction score
So, I uploaded the SBF file to my phone, and powered it off. Tried to get into recovery mode, and when I clicked the search button, nothing. It just stayed at the exclamation point. So I pulled the battery, and just hit the power button, I'm still at the "M" logo, and it's been on for about 3 minutes now...

What did I do? :(

droidxethan

Reaction score
So, I uploaded the SBF file to my phone, and powered it off. Tried to get into recovery mode, and when I clicked the search button, nothing. It just stayed at the exclamation point. So I pulled the battery, and just hit the power button, I'm still at the "M" logo, and it's been on for about 3 minutes now...

U have to use a computer and rsd lite 4.8 to sbf ur phone

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

samiusmc

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2. I'm running the stock Froyo build which I rooted. I have the bootstrap app. Do I need to SBF or can I just install the rooted Gingerbread ROM after wiping data and cache?

droidxethan

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2. I'm running the stock Froyo build which I rooted. I have the bootstrap app. Do I need to SBF or can I just install the rooted Gingerbread ROM after wiping data and cache?

Just wipe and and install from sd and i'll be good make sure u get the newest version out

puck3511

Reaction score
So I'm on the rooted gb (not deodexed) and I can not boot into clockwork or the system recovery. Any ideas guys?

chanerade

Reaction score
Download the bootstrap for the D2 if you have a DROID x , Idk why, I had the same problem and the DROID 2 bootstrap worked.

puck3511

Reaction score
Ok I will try that thx for the help! Much appreciated!

Whirlwind3

Reaction score
I have a question, I downloaded the rooted gb file since I didn't download the first leak, but when I reboot and choose the file from my sd card it says something along the lines of unable to download (bad) dots that man I may have just gotten a bad version?

Should I try to redownload and try it then?

puck3511

Reaction score
Yes you got a bad download. Try and download again

Rhino413

Reaction score
speaker button in phone app

On the stock phone app for this leaked rom the bottom three buttons don't work anyone else having this issue. Or better yet has anyone figured out a fix

Whirlwind3

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply! I appreciate it

Reaction score

I had the same issue and I figured out I downloaded a bad SBF file. There is one out there that has "VZW" at the beginning of the name. With your battery pulled, hold the camera, volume up and power button and then put your battery back in to get to boot loader. Do the same process as instructed with the "vzw" SBF file and use the RSD. Worked for me and I thought I was done for.