Official Thread: Gingerbread Leak With Root! Get It Now!

candijacobs

Reaction score
Did you try downloading Launcher Pro 0.8.4? It has Gingerbread support. I had the same problem and updating fixed the problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Ronniec2

Reaction score
Anybody had a problem with contacts linking.my phone contacts and facebook contacts are not linking.some do and some don't.there used to be a link contacts button but it's not there anymore.

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Just a quick question. If I switch to this I will be able to go back right? I just make a backup (like with anything you do with your phone) and then flash this rom.

Let it do its thing then download d2 bootstrap (not the dx one) so I am able to go into clockwork and go back if I want to right?

I dont wanna do this unless I am 100% sure I am able to go back.

dg4892

Reaction score
Just a quick question. If I switch to this I will be able to go back right? I just make a backup (like with anything you do with your phone) and then flash this rom.

Let it do its thing then download d2 bootstrap (not the dx one) so I am able to go into clockwork and go back if I want to right?

I dont wanna do this unless I am 100% sure I am able to go back.

If you want to recover any tom the way built on froyo you'll have to sbf in order to do so. Sbfing isn't really that hard to do at all.

Ronniec2

Reaction score
Yes you can go back.but you will not want to.You need to download boot strap for d2 first and delete bootstrap for dx.just make sure you have a copy on your computer incase you do wanna go back.

ultrastigi

Reaction score
1 just said I would have to sbf and another just said yes I can just flash back .... ?

9wire

Reaction score
Used metamorph to change my pulldown just like I did on liberty and changed my boot logo with the zip file, all good so far.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
You have to sbf back to 2.2 coming from gingerbread then reroot then flash your backup you made before flashing gb. Theres also a zip file that can sbf your phone without using a computer you would flash like any other rom. I can't remeber the name though.

1 just said I would have to sbf and another just said yes I can just flash back .... ?

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

ultrastigi

Reaction score
You have to sbf back to 2.2 coming from gingerbread then reroot then flash your backup you made before flashing gb.

Alright thanks. I don't have a problem with that just wanted to find out what I had to do before I do it. Alright off to try GB ....

dg4892

Reaction score
You have to sbf back to 2.2 coming from gingerbread then reroot then flash your backup you made before flashing gb.

Alright thanks. I don't have a problem with that just wanted to find out what I had to do before I do it. Alright off to try GB ....

Its wonderful. You won't go back. I'm downloading the stock theme as we speak.

droidxethan

Reaction score
How does one go about getting rid of a theme so u can flash a new one on GB?

jstme

Reaction score
Boy I'm glad I tried this!! Couple of easy questions: If I do the deodex step, what will change? I was using juice defender before o/c... I am running strong on ultra low voltage, should I run J.D? I also read that we should NOT accept ota gb updates (makes sense)...how can I make sure I disable it? Thanks for all the help AND, giving me the guts to try it!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Boy I'm glad I tried this!! Couple of easy questions: If I do the deodex step, what will change? I was using juice defender before o/c... I am running strong on ultra low voltage, should I run J.D? I also read that we should NOT accept ota gb updates (makes sense)...how can I make sure I disable it? Thanks for all the help AND, giving me the guts to try it!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It will allow u to flash themes

jainer123

Reaction score
Problems with wifi tethers

Is anyone having problems getting their wifi tethers to work?

I tried using Android-wifi-tether 2.0.7 and barnacle, but both just won't load up properly. With the former i was able to see the network but not connect to it all the way for internet access. Barnacle wouldn't even start.

I suspect that it is the 3g hotspot thing, which also starts up once i activate barnacle or AWT. i think that is blocking these apps from doing something. Has anyone had success? Thoughts?

I am worried about configuring that 3g hotspot, because i feel like VZW will charge me for data from there.