Official Thread: Gingerbread Leak With Root! Get It Now!

wmattert

Reaction score
The issue with the sync icon is an error with blurcontactsync.apk. It is still trying to sync contacts even though they have all be synced from activation. THE FIX: go into root explorer, look for blurcontactssync.apk under system/app and add .bak to the end. You should see the icon disappear immediately. If you remove the .bak it will come back in just a short time.

Now I plan to just leave it named this way until I either add a few contacts to my list and need to resync, or until an official release is made or we have a rom released.

I hope this helps all of you. It should fix issues with battery life too. Good luck

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

It says you can not rename this file because the file system is read only.

I am an idiot, never mind.

teknotronik

Reaction score
Question

I am running ApeX 1.4.1 and just ran a nandroid backup from within bootstrap recovery. Am I right to assume I can just reboot into recovery and clear/wipe data and install .zip file from SD card and then it should run. Also if I want to return to my nandroid backup I can just boot strap GB, wipe data/cache and restore my previous nandroid backup?

poots

Reaction score
My DX bootstrap works fine for me.

Sent from a galaxy far far away......

How did you confirm the DX bootstrap worked after installing rooted GB? Did you attempt a backup or anything? I'd like to confirm before I move over, don't want to purchase the D2 bootstrapper if I don't need to.....

poots

Reaction score
I am running ApeX 1.4.1 and just ran a nandroid backup from within bootstrap recovery. Am I right to assume I can just reboot into recovery and clear/wipe data and install .zip file from SD card and then it should run. Also if I want to return to my nandroid backup I can just boot strap GB, wipe data/cache and restore my previous nandroid backup?

Yes, from what I've read, since you didn't "jump the gun" and install the non-rooted GB, you should be able to flash the rooted GB zip file as you normally would flash to another rom, without having to follow all the steps in the OP. And yes, if you want to return to a previous backup, you'd just need to boot strap GB, wipe data/cache, and restore....though per the OP you need to install the D2 bootstrapper, however, it sounds like the DX bootstrapper works as well....can anyone else confirm this?

Rhino413

Reaction score
search button not working on Leaked GB rom

Ok guys I had the problem where I flashed the leak but forgot to wipe data and cache and so the phone would boot loop. I would then boot into stock recovery and the search button did nothing. and I though I was #(*&%#$ up. well turns out that with gingerbread search button is no longer an option to move past the screen with the white triangele and yellow exlamation point you need to press both the volume up and volume down buttons and that will bring up the recovery menu. now use the volume keys to move up or down and to select use the power button the camera button is no longer an option. select factory wipe and this will solve most bootloop issues. if it does not then you will need to SBF back to .340 and then flash the Leak. just a word of caution GB works great for me now but after installing it i've had issues where RSDlite will not see the phone or does see it but will fail out on flashing the phone. good luck to all

Hope this helps anyone stuck in bootloops.

LT1UltraZ

Reaction score
Anyone get the led notification working for missed calls?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

timelord

Reaction score

Yes, so long as your running a rom based off .340, just install the gb preroot leak just like any other rom. However you can't then go back! You have to sbf back to stock ..340. GB installs a new system on the phone 2.3.3, so your old 2.2.1 backups no longer work.

Reaction score
I finally fixed my "m" logo after trip hours of trying to figure out what happened. Turns out that the SBF 2.3.340 file I downloaded was corrupt. Found another one off a coherent forum, flashed it and is running perfectly. Was worried for a minute.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Ronniec2

Reaction score
just installed gbrooted on my dx its as easy as the instructions say and its pretty awesome and fast. was using rubix 2.0 but i am glad i flashed to gb. great job dancedroiddancedroid

fox_dye

Reaction score
You guys can shoot me if you want but I kind of like the new blur. They fixed a few things I always complained about and added profiles.

Sent from a galaxy far far away......