Unofficial ICS build for the Motorola Droid 4 has been Leaked! Proceed with Caution.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-4.jpg

This is the moment that we have been waiting for, an official build of ICS for our beloved Droid 4 devices. Except this isn't really an official build. That may not come for the next several months. What we do have is proof that Motorola IS working on an ICS build. This build was leaked via the Cheescake app. This will take you off the official upgrade path so you WILL be stranded. You won't be able to FXZ your way back to gingerbread either, and this build is not rootable via any known method so far. I would highly encourage you to stay away from this build, unless you are comfortable with being on an unofficial leak for the longevity of your device. There are other ways to experience ICS on your D4 now like CyanogenMod 9 via Safestrap. However if curiosity is getting the best of you and you must flash this just know you have been warned. The file and install method can be found in the link below!

Grab it here

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now that ICS has leaked for both the RAZR and D4, but not the Bionic; I am more convinced than ever that Moto isn't even working on an ICS build for the Bionic. If they were, it would be on the Cheesecake servers somewhere, but apparently it isn't. I spent hours looking.

Freaking discouraging, is what this is.

DAMMIT MOTOROLA, WHERE THE HELL IS ICS FOR THE BIONIC?

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Now that ICS has leaked for both the RAZR and D4, but not the Bionic; I am more convinced than ever that Moto isn't even working on an ICS build for the Bionic. If they were, it would be on the Cheesecake servers somewhere, but apparently it isn't. I spent hours looking.

I'm right there with you, I ran with th3ory ics4bionic and I've checked out some of the aokp daily builds, however it's just not... bleh no netflix etc. A freaking leaked official build might help fix some of the problems... who knows.

seriously motorola get this **** together, maybe offer some way for us to trade up to the razr or d4 or something, wishful thinking I know.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Hopefully someone will figure out how to get back to GB for those who want to try the leak. Stupid locked bootloader/Moto :mad:

Reaction score

I TOTALLY understand your frustration having a Bionic myself. Every f-cking day a new device gets ICS except for the Bionic. Wasn't this a device that was always thought of to get ICS earlier than any other in the beginning? So damn frustrating!!

r314bd

Reaction score
The cheesecake method linked in the OP no longer works.

If you are still looking to install the ICS leak for the Droid 4 you can follow the instructions here.