New Update Method for ICS on Droid 4! Still Proceed with Caution!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

Earlier this week we announced a method for updating your Droid 4 to the unofficial leaked Ice Cream Sandwich build. This method via the cheescake app is apparently no longer working. However DroidForums member "SGMD1" was able to grab the file before it was removed and is now hosting it. He was also kind enough to put together an in depth tutorial on how to flash the leaked build.

This method will take you from Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread build 6.13.219 to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich build 6.16.200. I would personally post a video tutorial on how to do this except for the fact that this leaked version is not reversible, and it will take you off the official Motorola Upgrade path. So personally I am staying far away from this. I do know that there are those who don't care and they want the latest no matter the consequence. So I am providing the link to SGMD1's thread. He has the full outlined method to make it totally easy for you. One method that requires no root and one method that does require root.

So go ahead get your flash on, but once again YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, this takes you off the official update path.

Files and complete guide here

P
icture Via AndroidAuthority

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'm not in that much of a hurry to update mine. I would prefer a motoblur-free rom with iptables; that I would risk installing. I totally can't wait until someone figures out how to get iptables on the D4. My D2G has a locked bootloader but still has a rom with iptables so I'm pretty sure it can be done but I don't know if anyone is really working on it.