Official Thread: Gingerbread Leak With Root! Get It Now!

palindrome

Reaction score
Rollin rooted gb...smooooth...love the animation and speed, but all the white pages..can't wait to change that.still awesome though

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

DROOIID

Reaction score
My friend has a X and wants to know if he is sitting with froyo unrooted, can he just skip to step 14. So he would just root, download that file/move it to SD card, then install the Rom via Rom manager or recovery?thanks

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh Miui

chefb

Reaction score
Flash and back up in recovery cause rom manager does not back up .

randyb69

Reaction score
Any idea on how to fix the icon for sync? Its been on all day and I'm wondering if that's reason for horrible battery life. Any one else have the icon in status bar too?

timelord

Reaction score
My friend has a X and wants to know if he is sitting with froyo unrooted, can he just skip to step 14. So he would just root, download that file/move it to SD card, then install the Rom via Rom manager or recovery?thanks

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh Miui

Yes if he is on .340, then he doesn't have to use sbf. Don't install gb through rom manager. Install using dx bootstrap

Reaction score
Ok guys, I have a serious problem. I followed the steps and got to the 2.3.340 install on the RSD file and my phone flashed to the red "M" logo and it froze. I pulled out the USB and it will load into the triangle screen but when I push the search button nothing happens. I plugged my phone back into the USB and it goes right back to the red "M". Anything that I should do or am I screwed?

extensive

Reaction score
Any idea on how to fix the icon for sync? Its been on all day and I'm wondering if that's reason for horrible battery life. Any one else have the icon in status bar too?

Wondering this as well

galaxie500fb

Reaction score
I`m a noob when it comes to flashing or adding roms but i`m really good at following directions to the t. There are many posts out there describing the steps necessary to make for an easy step by step quide to a flawless installation. What ever question i may have has already been answered by someone with much more knowledge. I had the syncing icon issue the first time i installed
gb but went and searched the forum posts until i found the answer. Reading through multiple posts can be tedious but is necessary in order to have a successful installation.
The syncing icon is gone. My led functions as it should. This is a wonderful upgrade. Thank you to all those smarter than I who take the time to teach an old dog a few tricks.

jenna728

Reaction score
Ok guys, I have a serious problem. I followed the steps and got to the 2.3.340 install on the RSD file and my phone flashed to the red "M" logo and it froze. I pulled out the USB and it will load into the triangle screen but when I push the search button nothing happens. I plugged my phone back into the USB and it goes right back to the red "M". Anything that I should do or am I screwed?

Did you wipe using stock recovery after flashing sbf?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

randyb69

Reaction score
The issue with the sync icon is an error with blurcontactsync.apk. It is still trying to sync contacts even though they have all be synced from activation. THE FIX: go into root explorer, look for blurcontactssync.apk under system/app and add .bak to the end. You should see the icon disappear immediately. If you remove the .bak it will come back in just a short time.

Now I plan to just leave it named this way until I either add a few contacts to my list and need to resync, or until an official release is made or we have a rom released.

I hope this helps all of you. It should fix issues with battery life too. Good luck

wmattert

Reaction score
The issue with the sync icon is an error with blurcontactsync.apk. It is still trying to sync contacts even though they have all be synced from activation. THE FIX: go into root explorer, look for blurcontactssync.apk under system/app and add .bak to the end. You should see the icon disappear immediately. If you remove the .bak it will come back in just a short time.

Now I plan to just leave it named this way until I either add a few contacts to my list and need to resync, or until an official release is made or we have a rom released.

I hope this helps all of you. It should fix issues with battery life too. Good luck

It says you can not rename this file because the file system is read only.