Official Thread: Gingerbread Leak With Root! Get It Now!

megawatz

Reaction score
I had the same issue and I figured out I downloaded a bad SBF file. There is one out there that has "VZW" at the beginning of the name. With your battery pulled, hold the camera, volume up and power button and then put your battery back in to get to boot loader. Do the same process as instructed with the "vzw" SBF file and use the RSD. Worked for me and I thought I was done for.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
I didn't download one straight from VZW, so I might try that. Thanks for the help, I'll post an edit when I get around to it.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
I heard the ota if gb will be unrootable is this true??

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

Last edited:

michaelearth

Reaction score
Is there anyway to get the stock 2.2 Motorola Droid X keyboard to work in this GB leak?

Thanks

superbay

Reaction score
After following the tutorial, i'm stuck at red Motorola logo. Cant go further than that. Even after i force it into stock recovery and wiped everything. I've even tried reflashing the sbf once again but it's still the same. Was there something wrong that i might have done?

fry-lock

Reaction score
I heard the ota if gb will be unrootable is this true??

They said the X wasn't rootable either.

And for the people having problems with the bottom lights not turning on, try this: Press the power button to lock the screen. Press again and unlock, and see if the lights come on. For some bottom row of lights don't turn on when the my phone on reboot. It's been like this for as long as I've owned the phone. Doing the above has always fixed it.

Last edited:

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
My DX bootstrap works fine for me.

Sent from a galaxy far far away......

How did you confirm the DX bootstrap worked after installing rooted GB? Did you attempt a backup or anything? I'd like to confirm before I move over, don't want to purchase the D2 bootstrapper if I don't need to.....

U can download bootstrapper for free from koush's site

http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/08/droid-x-recovery.html

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

yurdle

Reaction score
U can download bootstrapper for free from koush's site

My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery (and Droid 2 too!)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

No.. you actually can't. Those links are dead and have been for awhile

On another note:
Does anyone know how to turn down the brightness on the bottom lights.. they didn't used to be this bright or they used to dim with the screen or something .. they are way to bright now though

muddychief

Reaction score
Worked flawlessly

Thank you so much for posting these steps. I had no idea how to SBF! I followed the steps and everything worked perfectly! it was awesome to be able to do a Titamium Restore and get my apps and data back.

jstme

Reaction score
HDMI out?

I am so happy with the Rubix setup on my phone, but, no HDMI. I am *tempted* to try GB if I get the HDMI to work. Anyone?

tmptts

Reaction score
I am so happy with the Rubix setup on my phone, but, no HDMI. I am *tempted* to try GB if I get the HDMI to work. Anyone?

Just do it. Make a backup of your current ROM first. I've tried Rubix and Liberty. Last night I installed this ROM and restored all my apps.. So far today, after 4 hours off the charger my battery is at 90%. Quadrant tested at 1656 this morning. What's not to like? GB is sweet!

I'm going to wait 2 days to establish some benchmarks before trying the deodexed GB. Probably. If I can wait that long.

droidxethan

Reaction score
Yes it has hdmi just like froyo did

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Liberty already dropped if u download liberty toolbox donate from the market it will prompt u to download it

Trying this now. I think I'll mess with it until the new liberty drops.