Official Thread: Gingerbread Leak With Root! Get It Now!

MonKENy

Reaction score
ok. indecently I followed the .588 directions exactly. and im 99.9% sure im 100% stock and rooted on her phone (did the maderstock sbf and just now a rsdlite sbf) but it bricked the phone. got bootloader error and had to rsd lite to sbf.

I checked the md5 on the 3 part files for .588 and they all matched. I am fresh rooted with only d2 bootstrap installed. used it to load the 3 files in order rebooted and WHAM bootload error. Any ideas why?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you use d2 bootstraper before being on the leak? Never heard of that.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Section8

Reaction score
Did you use d2 bootstraper before being on the leak? Never heard of that.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Yes installing the D2 Bootstrapper before being on the leak works perfectly well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Section8

Reaction score
ok. indecently I followed the .588 directions exactly. and im 99.9% sure im 100% stock and rooted on her phone (did the maderstock sbf and just now a rsdlite sbf) but it bricked the phone. got bootloader error and had to rsd lite to sbf.

I checked the md5 on the 3 part files for .588 and they all matched. I am fresh rooted with only d2 bootstrap installed. used it to load the 3 files in order rebooted and WHAM bootload error. Any ideas why?

After your last rsd sbf is the phone working properly? If yes look around and grab a different .588. I am not exactly sure which. 588 build it was but I know there was one floating around that people were having trouble with. I suggest you use rsd lite for your sbf too. Try again and report back if your still having issues. Remember do a factory wipe after the sbf and again after you get .588 installed.

ericejs15

Reaction score
okay so I dont think i read the directions right and installed on Clockwork but now Im in infinite bootloop of the Mortorola "M".... I cant get into clockwork recovery just the standard motorola one, what can I do??! I made a backup of my rom on rom manager but I cant get into that??

Section8

Reaction score
okay so I dont think i read the directions right and installed on Clockwork but now Im in infinite bootloop of the Mortorola "M".... I cant get into clockwork recovery just the standard motorola one, what can I do??! I made a backup of my rom on rom manager but I cant get into that??

You cannot flash directly to .595. You will now have to get rsd lite and sbf back to 2.3.34. Then go root and install the D2 Bootstrapper. Then get the .588 install it then install the .595. I so wish the OP would put that piece of information in the original post along with a link to .588.

ericejs15

Reaction score

You cannot flash directly to .595. You will now have to get rsd lite and sbf back to 2.3.34. Then go root and install the D2 Bootstrapper. Then get the .588 install it then install the .595. I so wish the OP would put that piece of information in the original post along with a link to .588.

Okay so how do I SBF back to 340? I have no experience with this and I am on a mac, is there an easy way to do it/understand it?

ericejs15

Reaction score
Okay so how do I SBF back to 340? I have no experience with this and I am on a mac, is there an easy way to do it/understand it?

try this first http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...stcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html#post1149917

if that doesnt work do this

SBF - Detailed Guide for Success - Windows 7

worked awesome for me

is there an easy way to get into clockwork recovery? I made many back ups and as long as I can get into clockwork I will be bale to recover but I cant seem to find out how, only to get to the stock motorla recovery screen.

MonKENy

Reaction score
@Erice if you cant fet to clockwork you have to sbf the second way I showed you. Its not really that hard.

ok so I got her up to 595. Cosmetically not a huge difference. Whats some things that it can do that .340 couldnt?

Can it stream netflix or do I still need that special apk?

ericejs15

Reaction score
@Erice if you cant fet to clockwork you have to sbf the second way I showed you. Its not really that hard.

ok so I got her up to 595. Cosmetically not a huge difference. Whats some things that it can do that .340 couldnt?

Can it stream netflix or do I still need that special apk?

The sbf seems okay but i get stuck on the step with RSD lite... when i browse for the SBF file on my c drive it isnt there? Its like invincible? and when I download it again I see it on my c drive but with a lock on it? what does that mean?

ericejs15

Reaction score
Okay so now i sbf back to 340! so now I am stock 340 right?

just to make sure, what is the easiest way for me to go to GB rooted from stock 340?

MonKENy

Reaction score

mattstieber

Reaction score
help with GB

i am running .573 rooted can i load this right on top or do i have to go back to .340 i cant seam to find the answer please help

thank you