Official Thread: Gingerbread Leak With Root! Get It Now!

evolume

Reaction score
Wow, I have read so much on GB!
I guess I need my handheld a little but I'm still not gettingthe proper path with these roms.

Originally I thought I had to sbf, then install .588 THEN install .595 using d2 bootstrapper.

BUT, the first line of the post instructions conflicts with that :The upgrade path does not include those who are on Gingerbread .573/.588/.591"

Then in reading posters say you indeed do need to be on a previous version of GB to go to .595.....

So please, take me by the hand and lead me...
I'm on rooted 2.3.340

I hate sbfing cause I have to drive 30 mins to a verizon tower to reprogram (I am seriously in the boonies) but realize I will probably have to.

I have backups of my 2.3.340 right after upped to froyo.

Do I need to be running .588 or can I restore directly from froyo to the files in this thread?

Don't squeeze too hard please....

I was quite confused too. What the OP means by "The upgrade path does not include those who are on Gingerbread .573/.588/.591" is that if you want to be able to receive the update for the official Gingerbread, you must be on the .595 stock. BUT to get on the .595 you CAN first be at .588 (Anyway that 's how i did it.) So you were correct with your original thought, "Originally I thought I had to sbf, then install .588 THEN install .595 using d2 bootstrapper."

Here's how I got to .595 bootstrapped deodexed. I used the 3 part .588 upgrade to Gingerbread following the instructions at that link. From there you have to use D2 bootstrap. wipe cache/ factory reset a bunch of times again, And personally, I loaded .595 deodexed bootstrapped. But if you want to be able to receive the offical update OTA, the one you want is the 3rd file in the OP, the "stock, unrooted" .595 file.

Disclaimer: I'm no pro, but that's how I remember my path to Gingerbread and it's working great. If any more skilled people want to add their 2 cents, please do.

Last edited:

thecadman99

Reaction score
I was quite confused too. What the OP means by "The upgrade path does not include those who are on Gingerbread .573/.588/.591" is that if you want to be able to receive the update for the official Gingerbread, you must be on the .595 stock. BUT to get on the .595 you CAN first be at .588 (Anyway that 's how i did it.) So you were correct with your original thought, "Originally I thought I had to sbf, then install .588 THEN install .595 using d2 bootstrapper."

Here's how I got to .595 bootstrapped deodexed. I used the 3 part .588 upgrade to Gingerbread following the instructions at that link. From there you have to use D2 bootstrap. wipe cache/ factory reset a bunch of times again, And personally, I loaded .595 deodexed bootstrapped. But if you want to be able to receive the offical update OTA, the one you want is the 3rd file in the OP, the "stock, unrooted" .595 file.

Disclaimer: I'm no pro, but that's how I remember my path to Gingerbread and it's working great. If any more skilled people want to add their 2 cents, please do.

You sir, are a true gentleman- thanks.

Still not sure this is for me yet though.... I want to watch netflix, but my phone does everything else perfectly... darkslide with go launcher.... not sure if its worth the effort.

Thanks again!

GeekSpeak411

Reaction score
So, I upgraded and I'm now on Gingerbread and all, but just one thing... I can't access the settings menu? I don't want to sound like a noob, and I DID search google and the forums a little bit but it doesn't seem like this should be happening :p I went from .340 to .588 to .595 deodexed. I can see the settings button from the homescreen menu, but I click it to no response. Is this normal? lol

draexo

Reaction score
Ok. I installed the 591 leak but had some random bluetooth issues so I went to 595. 591 was clearly running the #2 kernel. After 595 (deodexed) my kernel version went back to #1. Is this even possible???!!!
so I used the Liberty toolbox and the kernel updater and now I am back on kernel #2.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Moroney167

Reaction score
Ok so I am currently stock. Rooting now with Z4 and want this GB back. Can I just load the newest one? .595? Or do I have to go threw the paths. Thanks

DJSketch

Reaction score
OK IDK whats up with mine but I was able to get up to .595 GB update an according to my system I'm rooted cause I rooted with Gingerbreak an its showing on the app that I'm rooted. So I'm rooted on GB .595 Stock, but no Superuser icon is actually showing up plus I can't reboot into recovery with D2 Bootstrapper either. IDK whats up an I can't seem to find any answer when I search for my issues so now I'm asking if anyone else has had this problem an has a fix perhaps before I start from scratch againg with SBFing.

UPDATE: Went back to square an carefully went through all the steps an got my X up to date with .595 GB now. Was having issues with Market an not getting the market Fix to work cause I had no way of DLing Busybox, but just Flashed over to ZombieStomped 1.7 an ran the market Fix on there an was able to get the issue resolved.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My LED doesn't work on .595. It didn't work on .573 either... any fixes?

I wonder if the LED works with Zombie Stomped?

Edit: for some reason its now working? Weird...
Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited:

Section8

Reaction score
OK so I SBF'd my DX back to the 2.3.34. That went without a hitch. I fired the phone up then rooted it and downloaded the D2 Bootloader. I downloaded the 595-Deodexed.zip to my computer and then moved it to my SD card. I then booted into recovery and wiped all data and cache. I then selected install zip from SD Card and selected the 595-Dedexed.zip I had previously put there. It installed and then upon rebooting it is now stuck in a bootloop. I let it sit for about 5 minutes the first time then did a battery pull. Upon rebooting it still is stuck at the M logo then reboot, M log then Reboot over and over. I let it sit about 15 minutes the second time before battery pulling again. It still is stuck so I go into the Stock recovery (Home + Power Button) and select Clear Data/ Factory reset and also wipe the Cache while I am there. Still after this all I get is Bootloop??? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You cannot go from Froyo straight to .595. You must go to .588 first, then install the .595 zip

Sent from my DROIDX

Section8

Reaction score
You cannot go from Froyo straight to .595. You must go to .588 first, then install the .595 zip

Sent from my DROIDX

Hmm Thanks I will try that. I just SBF'd back to 2.3.34 so I will go grab .588 and start there this time. Thanks again :)

nubia

Reaction score
Gingerbread

Can anyone help me find where i can DL or upload the latest gingerbread on my original dx. my phone is totally stock... so i am a newbie but really want the gingerbread bad....

help

BC

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to Droid life and get it there. These forums also have the link somewhere. Start searching

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

r1nstang

Reaction score
ok not new to ROMing, themeing, rooting, etc etc etc. But one thing I am still curious about. what are the differences in the Deodexed and full odexed versions? and kinda confused by the post. Is it just the STOCK version that doesnt have root? The Deodexed and full odexed versions still have root? Does Z4Root work on this build..or would I need to use Gingerbreak?

aayoo

Reaction score
Wow, I have read so much on GB!
I guess I need my handheld a little but I'm still not gettingthe proper path with these roms.

Originally I thought I had to sbf, then install .588 THEN install .595 using d2 bootstrapper.

BUT, the first line of the post instructions conflicts with that :The upgrade path does not include those who are on Gingerbread .573/.588/.591"

Then in reading posters say you indeed do need to be on a previous version of GB to go to .595.....

So please, take me by the hand and lead me...
I'm on rooted 2.3.340

I hate sbfing cause I have to drive 30 mins to a verizon tower to reprogram (I am seriously in the boonies) but realize I will probably have to.

I have backups of my 2.3.340 right after upped to froyo.

Do I need to be running .588 or can I restore directly from froyo to the files in this thread?

Don't squeeze too hard please....

Do you have the first file from the 3 parts of .588, the droid-life links give me a status 7 error during installation in clockwork. I emailed DL and kellex about it but haven't heard anything back.

nubia

Reaction score
thank you !! I will seek it out, just wondered if anyone had a good link to a place to dl .... verizon is totally useless when it comes to help with tech issues. infact they told me that there is not an upgrade for my phone yet. MORONS!