Official Thread: Gingerbread Leak With Root! Get It Now!

Section8

Reaction score
You cannot go from Froyo straight to .595. You must go to .588 first, then install the .595 zip

Sent from my DROIDX

Hmm Thanks I will try that. I just SBF'd back to 2.3.34 so I will go grab .588 and start there this time. Thanks again :)

So I am now on .595 deodexed rooted and getting it up to speed now. Thanks for the help. I read the first 26 or so posts on this subject trying to determine if I wanted to go ahead and do it. Unfortunately not until page 28 did someone talk about having to be on .588 before .595. Thanks very much for clearing that up and maybe it could be added to the original post by the OP :) Thanks again...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The .588 Gingerbread files didn't work for me the first time. It would say download aborted. Then I got it to work and it bricked my phone at the red GB M logo. I sbf'd back to Froyo, data wiped, installed the .588 zips with no issues, then went into .588 and installed DROID 2 bootstrap. Used the bootstrap, wiped the data and installed .595 without a hitch.

If you have problems, always go back to Froyo and start off fresh. Data wipe isn't as good as an sbf.

Sent from my DROIDX

Section8

Reaction score
The .588 Gingerbread files didn't work for me the first time. It would say download aborted. Then I got it to work and it bricked my phone at the red GB M logo. I sbf'd back to Froyo, data wiped, installed the .588 zips with no issues, then went into .588 and installed DROID 2 bootstrap. Used the bootstrap, wiped the data and installed .595 without a hitch.

If you have problems, always go back to Froyo and start off fresh. Data wipe isn't as good as an sbf.

Sent from my DROIDX

Agreed!!!

Has anyone been able to get any sort of WiFi Tether App to work? WiFi Tether 2.0.7 starts up and works but when I try and connect my Xoom to it all I can get is the Verizon WiFi 3G mobile hotspot page saying you need to sign up to use this feature blah blah blah.......
I thought I read somewhere on the net that Team Black Hat had a patch or something that would allow you to use Verizon's 3G Mobile Hotspot but I can't seem to find it anywhere now :-( Anyone? Thanks in advance :)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The TBH tether patch doesn't work. I tried it. I have the file if you want it. Shoot me a PM and I'll email it to you.

Sent from my DROIDX

dankbud42o

Reaction score
ok i dont know what the prob is here but im constantly getting boot loops trying to upgrade from SBF to GB .595 . using d2bootstrapper.. ive tried about 3 times to upgrade it and im wiping the cache/settings bla bla multiple times in between and im still stuck on boot loops. do i have to go SBF > .588 > .595? i dont get why i keep getting boot loops at "M" and its driving me fn nuts. spent hours on this, can someone give me some tips? i keep reading that when ur stuck on a loop boot to recovery and clear the cache, i do that multiple times and its still not working .is the JUST an upgrade if u already have GB or does it upgrade FROYO to GB like it sounds like its supposed to do? what does this mean "The upgrade path does not include those who are on Gingerbread .573/.588/.591 - Make Sure You Read Below." u CANT upgrade to this if ur on those versions? sorry but im confused and ive tried a bunch of times and seriously about to smash this thing... ty.

nvm, just read the posts above me that its an upgrade from .588 (or whatever) to .595. i think that really needs to be clarified in the directions if that is the case. im going to attempt this method...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do a data wipe in stock recovery (you said cache, just wanted to be sure.) Also I believe it's normal for it to bootloop going to gb (thats what the post on droid life says) I'm not on gb yet so I can't say. Hope you get it working

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
He tried to install .595 over Froyo. That's his problem. He needs to get on .588 first, then install the .595 zip.

Sent from my DROIDX

bdb312

Reaction score
ive looked at a just gobs of posts but cant seem to find this. im on .588 and did it only using boot loader,you know download put in sd card update from sd card. is there anyway to go to .595 doing it the same way, without being rooted and not using bootstrap or clockwork?

Section8

Reaction score
ive looked at a just gobs of posts but cant seem to find this. im on .588 and did it only using boot loader,you know download put in sd card update from sd card. is there anyway to go to .595 doing it the same way, without being rooted and not using bootstrap or clockwork?

So you were rooted then you updated to .588 which did not contain root? Just go install z4 root then D2 Bootstrapper then perform the same sequence you did going to .588. Place on SD card use D2 Bootstrapper and boot into recovery and install .zip from SD card.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Z4 Root won't work. He'll have to use Gingerbreak.

Sent from my DROIDX

r1nstang

Reaction score
ok so I got this all installed yesterday. Used Z4Root and got superuser access. Loaded droid 2 bootstrapper and clicked "bootstrap recovery" then went to ROM manager. ROM Manager says im running clockwork ver 2.5.0.7 I try to "reboot into recovery" and the phone just reboots like normal. never going into recovery. tried using the Droid 2 bootstrapper option to reboot into recovery...still no luck.

I was able to get into CM recovery just fine when on 5.88

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you hit Bootstrap Recovery, got the prompt that said success and then hit reboot recovery?

Sent from my DROIDX

r1nstang

Reaction score
Are you sure you hit Bootstrap Recovery, got the prompt that said success and then hit reboot recovery?

Sent from my DROIDX
yup tried it about 4 times. tried both through the bootstrapper app and through ROM manager. done it a billion times before...hell probably about 50 times just yesterday while updated since I got stuck at boot logo after flashing the Zombiestomped ROM and had to SBF back to Froyo and flash the 3 steps to 588 then to the 5.595

EDIT Finally got it working. uninstalled and reinstalled both ROM Manager and Droid 2 bootstrapper. works fine now. thanks!

Last edited:

Section8

Reaction score
Once your on .588 yes you can follow the instructions posted by the OP. Just place .595 zip on your SD card, boot into D2 Bootstrap recovery and flash zip.