Official Thread: Gingerbread Leak With Root! Get It Now!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, I have done it around 10 times...

sent from my ZombieStomped X

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
PM me if you need some more help with sbf. I talked 3 people from the forums through their first sbf only yesterday. Happy to help you as best I can if you need it!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

srivkin78

Reaction score
i have the deodexed .595 installed but for some reason i cant get it to reboot into reocvery with bootstrap from Liberty Tool box or Droid X bootstrap..it reboots, red M logo appears, and then just a blank screen...have to pull the battery

any ideas

wyld

Reaction score
Try the D2 bootstrap that's what I'm using its working

sent from my Rooted Gingerbread DroidX using DroidForums

wyld

Reaction score
Droid 2 recovery bootstrap on the market

sent from my Rooted Gingerbread DroidX using DroidForums

ibrooks123

Reaction score
Help!!

Ok, so here's my problem: I just did a waranty exchange from Verizon because my power button was barely working. When I received the new phone, it was already preloaded with Gingerbread 4.5.596....so, I have no way of rooting it, or installing clockwork! I tried moving the file to the sd card, renaming it update.zip and tried to install it that way and of course it didnt work.

How do I root this phone and properly install the deodexed version of Gingerbread???

Droid X Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.595) Thread Updated 05/06/2011
The upgrade path does not include those who are on Gingerbread .573/.588/.591 - Make Sure You Read Below.

The build that has been approved for release by Verizon is Blur (4.5.596) this is not build 4..5.596 but is the build tha is needed so you can upgrade via ota without needing to sbf back to 2.3.340.

UPGRADE PATH
The first method to upgrade to gingerbread from froyo is to sbf you phone back to stock froyo (2.3.340) and await for the upgrade.

The second method involves getting yourself on the proper build so you can receive the offical OTA once it is pushed. You can upgrade to the official OTA if you are running Blur build 4.5.595.

So to get all of you on the proper build and the proper upgrade path you have been provided with the proper blur build 4.5.595. So in the application you are going to find 3 different builds, a fully deodexed build, a fully odexed build, and a stock odexed build (no root, nothing there at al) <----- you will want to flash this one in preparation for the official release build.

DIRECTIONS
Dowload the zip
Reboot phone into Clockwork Recovery
Install the Zip file.

DOWNLOADS
Deodexed
md5sum: 05b804986cd9a1f9e9ce8df7cf8c56bb
file size: 158.8 MB (166560893 bytes)
DOWNLOAD

Full Odexed Version
md5sum: 524c59844886ba73f7b52fb7de74f1cd
file size: 159.8 MB (167605711 bytes)
DOWNLOAD

Full Stock Version
md5sum: 5a09694cad57e8ba75abbd8414add80a file size: 159.8 MB (167571059 bytes)
DOWNLOAD

yurdle

Reaction score
Ok, so here's my problem: I just did a waranty exchange from Verizon because my power button was barely working. When I received the new phone, it was already preloaded with Gingerbread 4.5.596....so, I have no way of rooting it, or installing clockwork! I tried moving the file to the sd card, renaming it update.zip and tried to install it that way and of course it didnt work.

How do I root this phone and properly install the deodexed version of Gingerbread???

SBF back to FroYo, install Z4Root, Root, Install Droid2Boostrap, Bootstrap recovery, Reboot recovery, Install the 2 file combo or the all in one file that P3 just released.

ibrooks123

Reaction score

SBF back to FroYo, install Z4Root, Root, Install Droid2Boostrap, Bootstrap recovery, Reboot recovery, Install the 2 file combo or the all in one file that P3 just released.

Sounds simple enough! Thanks!

ibrooks123

Reaction score

Sounds simple enough! Thanks!

One more question: since the phone is factory Gingerbread, if I flash to froyo, and go back to rooted GB, if I need to return this phone to verizon is there an SBF file to flash factory GB?? And if so, where can I find it?