Official Thread: Gingerbread Leak With Root! Get It Now!

saxman

Reaction score
Anyone else not able to fix permissions? I get frozen on droid overclock, and I get stuck in the 200's on rom manager. Help please!

wyld

Reaction score
Nice to see they got the new gingerbread sbf file already up!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Section8

Reaction score
I tried to install using a method on other pages and now all my phone will do is flash the "Red M" on and off. Any suggestions?

You will need to get the .340 SBF and RSD Lite installed on your PC. Find a tutorial on how this is done there are a hundred floating around. Then once that is done your phone will be completely stock Froyo. You then need to follow the steps listed in the first page of this tutorial with one exception you need to flash to the .588 first then flash to .595 otherwise you will get the Red M Bootloop.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or he can do the 2 step install to gb (.596) rooted, listed in the something for everyone thread (my droid world)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

BelowZero

Reaction score
I'm having troubles installing the new version. For some reason, every time I try install it, it fails and gives me no explanation. I figured it was my root, so I went back to OneClick and unrooted. However, I get the same failure. Anyone have any ideas what is going wrong or a way to get around this?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you have bootstrap installed? If so that's why. You either have to sbf or to totally get rid of the bootstrap recovery app, delete the app, go into root explorer system/bin. Hit the. r/w button on top. Scroll to the hijack file and delete it. Then delete the logwrapper file and rename the logwrapper.bin file to just logwrapper. That will totally get it off your phone. If that is your issue, you should be able to take the update. Worst case ; you'll have to sbf

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

BelowZero

Reaction score
Did you have bootstrap installed? If so that's why. You either have to sbf or to totally get rid of the bootstrap recovery app, delete the app, go into root explorer system/bin. Hit the. r/w button on top. Scroll to the hijack file and delete it. Then delete the logwrapper file and rename the logwrapper.bin file to just logwrapper. That will totally get it off your phone. If that is your issue, you should be able to take the update. Worst case ; you'll have to sbf

I don't believe I had bootstrap installed. It is not in the system/bin, unless I am completely missing it. Is it named hijack or bootstrap? Either way I do not see it.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you were ever on a custom rom you probably used bootstrap to flash it in. If you don't know what it is then you probably haven't installed it before.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

BelowZero

Reaction score
If you were ever on a custom rom you probably used bootstrap to flash it in. If you don't know what it is then you probably haven't installed it before.

I never installed a custom rom. I rooted for the purpose of memory management.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you freeze or god forbid remove any bloatware from the device?

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

BelowZero

Reaction score
The only thing I removed was the Madden app and Skype. I froze some other things, but nothing too serious.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you removed ANY system apps, you will not be able to take the update. You'll have to sbf

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7