OFFICIAL FRG22D OTA patch is here. DOWNLOAD NOW!

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hopefully one of the devs will take a clean 01B, apply 22D patch, deodex, root and busybox it and release it.
+1 this is the best route for rooted users. Be patient somebody will release an up to date clean version with the new 22D kernel

Agree with this, except that I'd prefer a standard 'odex' version since performance matters more to me than being able to theme it. :)

I have not ntoiced a difference between deodex and odex ROMs. What makes you think there is a performance difference. I would think with the apk files being optimized the deodex version would be snappier...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So last night I brought my droid back to stock and this morning I installed the update from stock FRG01B. I'm quite pleased with the performance but I'm already missing some of my rooted apps.

MadCapsule

Reaction score
Hmmm. I've tried installing FRG22D on my un-rooted Droid twice now (once directly from Google's server and once from one of the mirrors) and it's still not showing as being the FRG22D build under "about phone". And I followed the instructions to a T.

However, some of the issues I was having before now seem to have been resolved, so it's not all bad, I guess. Although, high quality Youtube videos still don't play properly. At least Pandora seems to be working now.

Guess I'll just have to wait for the OTA release.

lax01

Reaction score
Anyone else terrible battery life on FRG22D? My phone just died in 7 hours (0%, had to plug in to turn on) after being on a charger for 7 hours...Did not have this problem with the first 2.2 rom...using the update downloaded directly from Google

astaccz

Reaction score
Did you use the ota manual update or did you install p3's frgg2d rom release? Also wat kernel are you using??

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

lax01

Reaction score
Manual install of the update on the first page...didn't wait for OTA

No idea on what kernel it is...

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Anyone else terrible battery life on FRG22D? My phone just died in 7 hours (0%, had to plug in to turn on) after being on a charger for 7 hours...Did not have this problem with the first 2.2 rom...using the update downloaded directly from Google

Charged mine late yesterday. It is now at 60% over 24 hours later. Spent perhaps 20 to 30 minutes checking settings so that I could set up my wife's new Ally the same. Spent at least 30 minutes on the web, perhaps as much as an hour total. Only 1 call for a few minutes. Downloaded 5 apps, tried them and deleted 4. Screen is 51% of battery usage. I would guess battery life is about the same as it has always been. By the way, the phone does recognize that it has FRG22D. Never rooted. Sorry for so much detail, but I thought it would give you something to compare to. Don't use a task killer or virus program.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which ones?

Well, I could of used quick boot, I can't do screen shots. I have to put up with bloat wear again. Droid is running pretty snappy but not quite as quick as it does when I have it overclocked to 1GHZ with SetCPU.

I don't have my CPU temperature gage anymore. That I don't really need though unless I'm rooted. Oh, Titanium Backup is gone, got to be rooted for that.

astaccz

Reaction score

Charged mine late yesterday. It is now at 60% over 24 hours later. Spent perhaps 20 to 30 minutes checking settings so that I could set up my wife's new Ally the same. Spent at least 30 minutes on the web, perhaps as much as an hour total. Only 1 call for a few minutes. Downloaded 5 apps, tried them and deleted 4. Screen is 51% of battery usage. I would guess battery life is about the same as it has always been. By the way, the phone does recognize that it has FRG22D. Never rooted. Sorry for so much detail, but I thought it would give you something to compare to. Don't use a task killer or virus program.

I agree make sure you have no widgets that constantly updates in the background. Backlight, gps. All these settings affect battery life a whole lot. N like old fart says dnt use virus protector or task killer. Viruses pose hardly no threat to non rooted users.

MoDroGuy

Reaction score
If anyone comes across a full install version of FRG22D (official signed version) I'd be very interested in that. I'd like to remove some apps before flashing it with SPRecovery, and I can't do that with the patch-based version of FRG22D. I tried editing the patch-based update.zip to force it to install over my modified FRG01B, but after I cleared up all of the assert commands that made it fail, it still failed on a checksum for boot.img. After I took the commands out of updater-script that checked and patched boot.img, I was able to get the install to work, but it basically bricked the phone. That was probably because the unpatched boot.img wasn't compatible with FRG22D. I had to go into the bootloader and flash it back to 2.1 with an SPF. I really really hate bloatware, and it looks like the only way I can have a debloated stock FRG22D is if Verizon pushes out a full FRG22D install like they did with FRG01B.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If anyone comes across a full install version of FRG22D (official signed version) I'd be very interested in that. I'd like to remove some apps before flashing it with SPRecovery, and I can't do that with the patch-based version of FRG22D. I tried editing the patch-based update.zip to force it to install over my modified FRG01B, but after I cleared up all of the assert commands that made it fail, it still failed on a checksum for boot.img. After I took the commands out of updater-script that checked and patched boot.img, I was able to get the install to work, but it basically bricked the phone. That was probably because the unpatched boot.img wasn't compatible with FRG22D. I had to go into the bootloader and flash it back to 2.1 with an SPF. I really really hate bloatware, and it looks like the only way I can have a debloated stock FRG22D is if Verizon pushes out a full FRG22D install like they did with FRG01B.

I don't understand what the big deal is. This update is very minor, you can get the exact same Flash that's in the Market on the internet. Just go to FRG01B with the updated Flash and you should be good to go.

astaccz

Reaction score

You think they will eventually do that like they did with FRG01B? Also why when I install p3s frg22 I get the full frg01b rom as ota?

burgeke

Reaction score
Now that verizon has pushed the ota I no longer get the notification for frg... even after a fresh install of p3droid's leak

N

nxmehta

I really do not understand why people cannot wait a couple days to receive the official OTA. People have been having nothing but weird problems with the leaked version. I mean when you install an "official" OTA and your market app doesn't work, there's something wrong.