OFFICIAL FRG22D OTA patch is here. DOWNLOAD NOW!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since I'm getting the D2 on Monday anyway, I used Droidmod 12 to bring my Droid back to stock 2.2 then added the update to FRG22D. Sure enough there was Flash 10.1 in the Market. Now even though I supposedly already had it I installed over it anyway. Working good. Except this black camera in no light thing.

Sal

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted, but when exactly is the OTA supposed to start distrobution?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

In theory, it's happening now.

But in practice, I haven't seen a single (accurate) report that anyone has received it OTA.

(Mind you, I've seen plenty of confused people saying they got the "new" update, but invariably they mean FRG01B, not FRG22D).

And I'm not saying this is a real problem. As others have pointed out, this doesn't seem at all unusual for Verizon. But it's still annoying.

Morning, droidians! So did anyone get the ota overnight? Anyone? Bueller?

urklegrue

Reaction score
Morning, droidians! So did anyone get the ota overnight? Anyone? Bueller?

I did. I posted it on the last page. Here is another screenshot. Still not sure what the proper course of action should be.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I have an OTA update sitting on my phone this morning. Have stock rooted FRG01B with SBRecovery. What should I do? If I let it install it will get rid of root, correct? Or is it automatically blocked?

Just choose to install. If you have SPRecorver installed it should block the install and you will still have root, but be on the old patch. You will probably still want the latest so you can:

1. Unroot, get the latest patch, install it, and re-root

2. Install the latest patch already rooted:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/74279-p3droid-frg22d-rooted-deodexed-busybox.html

urklegrue

Reaction score
I have an OTA update sitting on my phone this morning. Have stock rooted FRG01B with SBRecovery. What should I do? If I let it install it will get rid of root, correct? Or is it automatically blocked?

Just choose to install. If you have SPRecorver installed it should block the install and you will still have root, but be on the old patch. You will probably still want the latest so you can:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/74279-p3droid-frg22d-rooted-deodexed-busybox.html

Thank you!

therock

Reaction score
After doing the patch I cycled through my apps and only found one quirk in PaNet. It worked fine but would freeze the phone upon disconnect making the phone totally unresponsive requiring a battery pull.
I did this 3 times with varying ways of discontinuing the app with the same results.

After the 3rd battery pull I checked the market and there was a PdaNet update and I went for it. Then I fired it up and after connecting on the laptop it gave indication there was an update there too so I went for it also.

Now there are no more problems with PdaNet here.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
How you get the sreen shot to share results?

Bob

See in the picture how it says "drocap2 was granted..."?

You have to be rooted and be running an app called drocap2 to take screenshots without using a camera and an editing program. :)

Dolfan

Reaction score
How you get the sreen shot to share results?

Bob

See in the picture how it says "drocap2 was granted..."?

You have to be rooted and be running an app called drocap2 to take screenshots without using a camera and an editing program. :)

Ok thanks for the info...I have the OTA force updated but have not decide to go as far as rooting just yet...lol

Bob

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I ran the P3D FRG22D from when it was first released until last night. Besides the google apps issues I discovered a few more glitches with it. Last night I went back to FRG01B using the full update and then applied the OTA FRG22D patch. After I was all back to my settings I noticed the prefethcing of urls was working again and my battery life was back to normal. My battery life sucked with the p3d release. I am not knocking p3d but his release is not nearly up too par with the OTA. Hopefully one of the devs will take a clean 01B, apply 22D patch, deodex, root and busybox it and release it.

I am sitting here now with totally stock 22D setup and am so surprised how well it is running. Once I get a chance I will root and deodex so I can gett my D2 theme going.

For those who want oem with root, deodex and busybox I suggest going the OTA file way and read up on how to add those things yourself. There is no good release yet of 22D yet that is as good as the OTA.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I've been waiting for my OTA just to see if it arrives and in what form (since there has been speculation) but I may lose patience ...lol.
I've been wondering, should I uninstall Flash before updating?

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hopefully one of the devs will take a clean 01B, apply 22D patch, deodex, root and busybox it and release it.
+1 this is the best route for rooted users. Be patient somebody will release an up to date clean version with the new 22D kernel

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for my OTA just to see if it arrives and in what form (since there has been speculation) but I may lose patience ...lol.
I've been wondering, should I uninstall Flash before updating?

I did, but reinstalled it for the duration. When I have the update installed (either OTA or manual), then I'll uninstall Flash and get it from the Market.

log

Reaction score
Hopefully one of the devs will take a clean 01B, apply 22D patch, deodex, root and busybox it and release it.
+1 this is the best route for rooted users. Be patient somebody will release an up to date clean version with the new 22D kernel

Agree with this, except that I'd prefer a standard 'odex' version since performance matters more to me than being able to theme it. :)

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score

Agree with this, except that I'd prefer a standard 'odex' version since performance matters more to me than being able to theme it. :)

+1 to that.