~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

ibnetman

Reaction score
makes me want to drink, just flashed a fresh rom NO APPS ! lol ;-) Maby they are revamping it.. some filters would be great in the market app.

superglen99

Reaction score
if you go to settings, applications, manage applications and select and app there is a tab to move to sd card. Some apps you can move, some you can't. The developer has to update the app to make it available to be stored on SD and since Froyo is fairly new there is a small amount of apps at this time but it will grow. If you are rooted you can use one of many ROMS that allow all apps to be stored on SD card.

Palantirion

Reaction score
if you go to settings, applications, manage applications and select and app there is a tab to move to sd card. Some apps you can move, some you can't. The developer has to update the app to make it available to be stored on SD and since Froyo is fairly new there is a small amount of apps at this time but it will grow. If you are rooted you can use one of many ROMS that allow all apps to be stored on SD card.
-Awesome! Thanks for the help. Now I need to root...
(any ROM suggestions for moving?)

kcook323

Reaction score
You can also go to the market and get as free app called Move to SD and it makes it easier to see all the apps you can transfer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am having issues with texts on froyo never encountered with 2.1, more of an inconvenience, when i receive a message alert in the bar i click, it takes me to the entire text thread rather than the individual message, same with the shortcut for a text, instead of that persons text page i go to the entire thread of texts defeating the purpose of a text shortcut, anyone else?

I don't use the stock application. Have you tried using handcent? It will have the individual text pop up on your screen if you desire.

obxKevin

Reaction score
Is anyone other than me having issues with apps opening in landscape? More often than not, I'm seeing both Handcent and K-9 opening in landscape and I have to literally shake my Droid to get it to change to the correct orientation.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is anyone other than me having issues with apps opening in landscape? More often than not, I'm seeing both Handcent and K-9 opening in landscape and I have to literally shake my Droid to get it to change to the correct orientation.

Sort of. I think sometimes it opens landscape when I have it portrait. I don't shake I just move it to landscape and back to portrait. No big deal IMHO.

This seems to happen to me when I use GV so I imagine that it happens on all apps.

billyk

Reaction score
Improving 2.2 Performance...

I've gotten 2.2 a couple of days ago, and although I was hopeful to see some performance improvement, I don't see any. It's not laggy, it's just the same as 2.1. I wonder if there are some things I can do to allow 2.2 to shine more? Here are my questions:

- Besides going into each app to clear cache, is there a better/easier way to do this for non-rooted phones?

- How do you dump cache for apps not listed in the Manage Apps?

- Is dumping data a good thing to do for performance?

-I did a battery pull just on a lark, but didn't see any improvements. Are there other similar things that can be done that will improve performance?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've gotten 2.2 a couple of days ago, and although I was hopeful to see some performance improvement, I don't see any. It's not laggy, it's just the same as 2.1. I wonder if there are some things I can do to allow 2.2 to shine more? Here are my questions:

- Besides going into each app to clear cache, is there a better/easier way to do this for non-rooted phones?

- How do you dump cache for apps not listed in the Manage Apps?

- Is dumping data a good thing to do for performance?

-I did a battery pull just on a lark, but didn't see any improvements. Are there other similar things that can be done that will improve performance?

Well, unless you have a task killer installed or are using anitvirus there is definitely an improvement in speed. If you have either one of those, remove them.

I know of no way to dump the app cache for non rooted phones accept one at a time.

If you don't have antivirus or task killers, you may consider doing a factory data reset our of the privacy section of your settings. That would clear things up for you.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been posted, but I did search :
I am now getting some duplicate folders in Gallery ; not duplicates, exactly since they show different numbers of pictures, but they are the same folder twice and the pictures shown in each are in both. They are all PNG files for icons and dockbars (launcher pro), don't know if that means anything.
Anyone else getting this with (unrooted) Froyo? Any solutions or good alternative gallery apps?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been posted, but I did search :
I am now getting some duplicate folders in Gallery ; not duplicates, exactly since they show different numbers of pictures, but they are the same folder twice and the pictures shown in each are in both. They are all PNG files for icons and dockbars (launcher pro), don't know if that means anything.
Anyone else getting this with (unrooted) Froyo? Any solutions or good alternative gallery apps?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I don't recall seeing that one at all. If you delete a duplicate folder does it return?

I'd delete the duplicate files and if you haven't already, get a file manager from the Market. I like Linda File Manager. Many prefer Astro. Both are good.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
That's the thing; the "duplicates" are only in the Gallery app. I have two file managers installed, Estrongs and OI File Manager, and they both show the correct directories and files, no duplicates there. Something about the Gallery app and PNG files, or those particular ones.
I'll try deleting the folders in Gallery and see if that helps; gonna back up the pix to PC first though.
Thing is, I reset my phone cos I wanted to reinstall everything fresh on Froyo, and yesterday the folders showed correctly in Gallery, and today the extras are back. I can't figure it.
One icons folder will have 41 icons, the correct number, and the clone will have fewer icons, generally the last few downloaded. But how does it know which is which after I reset the phone?
Update: deleted the phantom duplicate folders in Gallery, the files are still there in file managers. Will watc gallery to see if they come back. Maybe some gallery data got scrambled from update?

Last edited:

Howardmgm3

Reaction score
Pages won't resize

I posted this late last night and it might have got lost so let me see if anyone can help me...

I have a not rooted Droid (uh, I don't even know what "rooted" means :))
I just updated 2.2 on my droid two days ago. In the last version, when I enlarged the text by either spreading my thumb and index finger OR by pressing the plus button, it would resize the page so I would not have to scroll left to right to read everything. Sometimes I would have to rotate the phone vertical or horizontal to do it but it worked. Or if I used the plus or minus button to change the size, if would resize everything also so that I would not have to scroll left or right.
Now with 2.2 nothing I do resizes the screen.
Please tell me there is a setting or fix for this rather than I screwed up by updating to 2.2!
Thanks....Howard