"Official"? Bionic battery life thread

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
But as it sits right now, the battery screen says:

61% Discharging - 9h 59m 53s on battery

So does that mean I have 9h left on the battery or what?

No, it simply means that it's been almost 10 hours since you took it off the charger.

I suggest you get the Bada$$ Battery Monitor (substitute 'ss' for '$$'). It sits on the Notification Bar and gives you percentage in single digits. When you pull the bar down it gives you time left and battery temperature. When you press the app itself you have access to a lot more battery information.

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
That can't be right. Its been maybe 5 hours since I charged it.

Sent from my ICS Bionic

Can we see a screenshot? I unplugged my phone 2 and a half hours ago. Maybe you are looking at another screen that's telling time left.

View attachment 49145

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
My bad wrong pic

Sent from my ICS Bionic

Thanks.

Well, looking at the fact that the number is now higher I gotta go with how long since unplugged. I just looked at my phone and it's reset to 1m 26s because I just unplugged it from my computer.

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Totally random observation, but my battery life the past 2-3 days seems to have gotten significantly better. No changes on my end, completely stock Bionic.

I'd say it's a 20-30% improvement. Anyone else notice this phenomenon?

Sevron

Reaction score
Well my phone didn't charge last night BC the outlet wasn't on. Battery has been going for a day and 6 hours and at 15%.

Sent from my ICS Bionic

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Exactly. That is unheard of battery performance for this phone. At least with my experience. I plugged in last night at 50% without any mid-day recharge. I'm almost always in the 20% range, with an extended battery and a 2-3 hour mid-day juice up.

Adding to this oddity, I'm up to 6 days up time. Usually, longer up time degrades battery performance.

Sevron

Reaction score
I don't have the extended battery. And I'm running android 4.0.4 gummy so idk if that may be why.

Sent from my ICS Bionic

gravebelly

Reaction score
Well I got my Bionic on launch date and also got a extendedbattery. I do not know why but I decidedto use the stock battery starting 2 days ago. One thing is there have been updates since the launch. My phone is stock with the 5.9.902 system version. For some reason I am getting as good batterytime with the stock battery versus my extended. I am not sure why but oh well. Ithink I will run stock for a while and monitor it closely. Anyone else experience this?

mamawm

Reaction score
Well I got my Bionic on launch date and also got a extendedbattery. I do not know why but I decidedto use the stock battery starting 2 days ago. One thing is there have been updates since the launch. My phone is stock with the 5.9.902 system version. For some reason I am getting as good batterytime with the stock battery versus my extended. I am not sure why but oh well. Ithink I will run stock for a while and monitor it closely. Anyone else experience this?
ditto. i could have written this.