Offered a FREE thunder from verizon!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by tlozano09, Mar 19, 2011.

1. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +25
    I also didn't take it as gloating, gloating would be that my D1 has a unlocked bootloader and all other Motorola phone doesn't. =P See there is a difference. =) I'd say go with the TB as I've heard alot of positive feedback from lots of people on this forum. I was thinking about upgrading early for one until I saw a post about the D3, which is why I'm going to wait to upgrade. Gotta say I'm jealous but in a good way, a free TB would be awesome IMO. =)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. Snow02

Snow02 Active Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Let this be a lesson. Make thread titles more specific to what's being addressed. How you are getting the phone is irrelevant to the question being asked - get the tb now or wait a few months for something better?

No biggie.

I'd get the tb personally, if only to lock in guaranteed unlimited 4g. You can always sell it and swap up later.

3. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14
    There's nothing wrong with scamming big corporate pigs . I see something wrong with not doing it everytime you have a chance .
    I would say go with the Thunderbolt , there's no better phone at the moment on VZ , or if your current phone is usable wait for something worthy of upgrade like Galaxy S2 .

4. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I see no need to apologize tlozano. You weren't gloating as far as I can tell. In fact, I think some apologies are owed to you. But to your question. The Thunderbolt seems like a really nice phone, but if I were in your place, I'd probably wait and see if the Atrix will be coming to Verizon. I've seem it posted I think on engadget, that it'll be on other carriers soon. I hope there is a verizon version because I'm digging the laptop-like docking station. If not, I'd probably wait for the bionic. Good luck.

5. tlozano09

tlozano09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats a good suggestion but one of my buddies got the atrix and i dont like it at all. I think the screen looks terrible. I dont understand how they could sell a phone with a screen looking like that.

at this point im really considering the thunderbolt because i want to lock in that 4g rate. but i would love the bionic.

6. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Well if you don't like the Atrix, you might not like the Bionic either. They're pretty similar except for screen size.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. tlozano09

tlozano09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is the screen all pixilated?

8. EdForsythe

EdForsythe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    !!!! I've been hanging out on these forums for some time and I have never seen a moderator attack anyone asking for advice. What's the matter Vulcan? Having a bad day? The OP was certainly not guilty of "...gloating and sticking your tongue out at the others..." Asking for advice is a part of "...due dilligence..." You owe the OP an apology and I sincerely hope that you are man enough to recognize and atone for your error. BTW, I have been told many times by VZ store managers that they were doing something for me because I was an old loyal customer who was never late with a payment.

9. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +245
    I truly think you'll like the TB. I also got it for the same reason as you're thinking. I wanted to lock in the unlimited data for the next 20 months too. Our account has 5 lines, and my wife, daughter, son in law and I are all on a family share plan with unlimited data. We've all just upgraded so now can relax because we won't (or shouldn't be) affected by the tiered data pricing coming out this year. From what I've seen so far with the TB in the past 2 days is absolutely fantastic comparing it with the Droid and D2 that I had before this. What I like about the TB over the Bionic is 32 GB SD card comes with the TB and 8 GB onboard. The Bionic storage is much smaller.

10. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Not sure as I haven't seen it in person.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

11. EdForsythe

EdForsythe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Tio,
    Wow that sounds like a good deal. I was beset by the TB frenzy but just before I pulled the trigger I took a step back and decided that the TB is a good but not great phone and that I would wait for awhile until other phones were available (Bionic, iPhone5, Stealth, Galaxy S II, etc.). Waiting
    until mid Summer is no big deal IMHO. I'm really curious about the Bionic and why Moto seemingly crippled it with only 512 megs of RAM while the Moto Atrix has 1GB?? Be patient and wait and you will be rewarded as BlackManX has advised.

12. Vyvid

Vyvid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    But that's also assuming there will be a cln one available

~*Sent from a Galaxy far, far away*~