Verizon Offers Their Newest Phones for Free to "Loyal" Customers

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-free-smartphones.jpg

Verizon has just launched a new promotion offering free smartphone upgrades to their "loyal" customers. Emails have recently started going out to select customers offering a free new device with a two year contract. Although no specific details on who qualifies were given, subscribers who have been with big red for a while, and have upgrades coming up should keep an eye on their inbox. Plus, the phones being offered are far from stingy with the RAZR, Nexus, and Stratosphere making the list. Has anyone gotten this offer? Let us know in the forums.

By eDogNights

Source: Phandroid

Trapper31

Reaction score
I received an email this weekend with $100 off of any 4G phone and I thought that was pretty badass. Free is even badasser.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Holy crap...what an amazing deal. I'm surprised they included the Nexus when Verizon still has had it going for $219 if I remember correctly. Anyone receiving an email should be incredibly happy with either one of these three phones.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
That is definitely an unbelievable deal. I am interested to know what the criteria is.

I don't have an upgrade so I am out but still would be good to know.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I received an email this weekend with $100 off of any 4G phone and I thought that was pretty badass. Free is even badasser.

I just checked my email and I received one for $100 off the Rezound or Spectrum. Now to convince her she needs a smartphone. Lol.

eagle923

Reaction score
This is most likely a scam guys. Adhere to the adage "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is..."

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is most likely a scam guys. Adhere to the adage "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is..."

It's directly from Verizon...lol. Even if it is simply a "rumor" and not true, it's not a scam.

Red Droid

Reaction score
I have an upgrade waiting, not a peep in email. Still think it'll be better to wait and see what is announced this week and upgrade to a quad-core phone.

eagle923

Reaction score
It's directly from Verizon...lol. Even if it is simply a "rumor" and not true, it's not a scam.

Wierd, when I clicked on the link the first time my AV program popped up and said the website was malicious. Hopefully its true, that popup made me nervous to "OK" the webpage.

GregNY

Reaction score
Been a VZ customer for a few years now. I am up for an upgrade, been eligible for a month or 2 now. I will be sitting back and waiting for that "free" promotion. Will keep posted. I've also received the $100 off 4g phone discount, but if this offer is true, I am holding out!

nikecar

Reaction score
When did you get a $100.00 off PROMO? I had a DROID X since July 2010 and I am waiting to get some sort of offer.
I've gotten $100 mailers before, AFTER I've gotten my phone.

I'd live this as i've been with VZW since 2005 or so. I'm sure others ahve been longer.

I'd try to see about getting an early upgrade (I know it can be done) since I just got my phone in June.

djspy

Reaction score
Yeah we've been Verizon customers for over 10 years and my brother has an upgrade available and no email. I called Verizon and they said they didn't know anything about this and told me to go to a store with a copy of the email
Can someone forward me that email(s)? [email protected]

loki993

Reaction score
Does anyone know the end date on this? The hundred dollar off deal is only until the 28th