Offered a FREE thunder from verizon!!!!

Vyvid

Reaction score
Lol@ it makes me sick.

Seriously? I'm pretty sure the company rep decided he DID deserve it.

I'm willing to bet he didn't call and say "GIVE ME THE PHONE OF MY CHOICE FOR FREE OR I'M SHUTTING THE COMPANY DOWN."

~*Sent from a Galaxy far, far away*~

bomber889

Reaction score
Jeez, I haven't posted here in a while and this is first thread I go to and there's a bunch of people bashing on this guy. He's just happy he got a good deal, who cares? Unless you're just jealous and are like "you don't deserve that cause I never got that deal". If you like flashing roms and stuff, you should probably just go with the thunderbolt, except it has really bad battery life. The Bionic should have a locked bootloader so you won't be able to do much with it. I might get bashed for this post too

Vyvid

Reaction score
Vulcan, I didn't see it so much as gloating as excitement. I could be wrong though. I say congrats to him.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
One thing you might want to think about is that CLN phones might not be available as soon as it's released so you may have to wait a while after the phone is released to get one. Just something to think about.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vulcan, I didn't see it so much as gloating as excitement. I could be wrong though. I say congrats to him.

Ok, that's cool.

This thread is going to stay open as long as the rest of the discussion on here stays on track and pertains to the O.P. figuring out which is the best device for his CLNR (certified like new replacement), present or in the future.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
This came up in the recent topics on my droidx app....I agree that in no way did you come off as being rude or mocking anything. I went through two fascinates before I got my droid x as a refurb replacement. I took it as you were excited after going through bum phones you'd be able to get a tb. Id be excited too and trying to ask others as to whether or not to get a tb or wait. I don't post much on here but was suprised at how people take things so out of context. Good luck at I hope your next phone is a keeper no matter what you get!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
Wow... This seems really rude.

HOW DARE YOU ASK OPINIONS ABOUT WHAT DROID PHONE TO GET ON A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THEIR PHONES AND OFTEN GIVE ADVICE!

I don't know what you did to get jumped on like that. And it didn't look at all like "sticking your tongue out" or gloating about scamming vzw to me at all.

Sounded more like "wow guys, I finally got someone at the phone co I've been loyal to, to take care of the issue I've had with faulty devices, as a bonus they are even letting me get a better model. Thinking about the tb, or do you guys tthink I should wait?"

Granted, it may not have been in the right area, but I don't think the harsh snarky comment was necessary.

I think if I would have said exactly what you just typed in my initial post, I wouldn't have gottenso much tude. Thanks for the input man.

Vyvid

Reaction score
I'd go with tb.

But I've never had a motorola. I loved my htc eris. I like my fascinate too.

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
I think I should clear somethings up for the haters.
1. The replacement phone I have now does work, it just has a really loose usb port and I cant get it to charge sometimes

2. I have a replacement (#3) coming in.

3. I can use my free certified new phone offer on any phone from now till six months.

4. The rep offered it to me, I didn't ask for it.

5. I'm sorry if I came off like a bragger I'm just extremely excited.

6. I made the thread because I wanted advice. I wanted peoples opinions on a big decision I'm going to make.I wasn't looking for negativity.

I apologize for not being clear.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I think I should clear somethings up for the haters.
1. The replacement phone I have now does work, it just has a really loose usb port and I cant get it to charge sometimes

2. I have a replacement (#3) coming in.

3. I can use my free certified new phone offer on any phone from now till six months.

4. The rep offered it to me, I didn't ask for it.

5. I'm sorry if I came off like a bragger I'm just extremely excited.

6. I made the thread because I wanted advice. I wanted peoples opinions on a big decision I'm going to make.I wasn't looking for negativity.

I apologize for not being clear.

I also didn't take it as gloating, gloating would be that my D1 has a unlocked bootloader and all other Motorola phone doesn't. =P See there is a difference. =) I'd say go with the TB as I've heard alot of positive feedback from lots of people on this forum. I was thinking about upgrading early for one until I saw a post about the D3, which is why I'm going to wait to upgrade. Gotta say I'm jealous but in a good way, a free TB would be awesome IMO. =)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Snow02

Reaction score
Let this be a lesson. Make thread titles more specific to what's being addressed. How you are getting the phone is irrelevant to the question being asked - get the tb now or wait a few months for something better?

No biggie.

I'd get the tb personally, if only to lock in guaranteed unlimited 4g. You can always sell it and swap up later.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with scamming big corporate pigs . I see something wrong with not doing it everytime you have a chance .
I would say go with the Thunderbolt , there's no better phone at the moment on VZ , or if your current phone is usable wait for something worthy of upgrade like Galaxy S2 .

jev

Reaction score
I see no need to apologize tlozano. You weren't gloating as far as I can tell. In fact, I think some apologies are owed to you. But to your question. The Thunderbolt seems like a really nice phone, but if I were in your place, I'd probably wait and see if the Atrix will be coming to Verizon. I've seem it posted I think on engadget, that it'll be on other carriers soon. I hope there is a verizon version because I'm digging the laptop-like docking station. If not, I'd probably wait for the bionic. Good luck.

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
I see no need to apologize tlozano. You weren't gloating as far as I can tell. In fact, I think some apologies are owed to you. But to your question. The Thunderbolt seems like a really nice phone, but if I were in your place, I'd probably wait and see if the Atrix will be coming to Verizon. I've seem it posted I think on engadget, that it'll be on other carriers soon. I hope there is a verizon version because I'm digging the laptop-like docking station. If not, I'd probably wait for the bionic. Good luck.

Thats a good suggestion but one of my buddies got the atrix and i dont like it at all. I think the screen looks terrible. I dont understand how they could sell a phone with a screen looking like that.

at this point im really considering the thunderbolt because i want to lock in that 4g rate. but i would love the bionic.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

Thats a good suggestion but one of my buddies got the atrix and i dont like it at all. I think the screen looks terrible. I dont understand how they could sell a phone with a screen looking like that.

at this point im really considering the thunderbolt because i want to lock in that 4g rate. but i would love the bionic.

Well if you don't like the Atrix, you might not like the Bionic either. They're pretty similar except for screen size.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk