Verizon Offers Their Newest Phones for Free to "Loyal" Customers

BodyBagz

Reaction score
We have been with VZW for close to 10 years now I believe...and I havent received any e-mail, nor has my wife and she is the next due for an upgrade in about 2 months...

If we are still passing out the e-mail, please forward a copy to bodtbagzemail@gmail...<--you know the rest...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
To me this is more evidence, along with looking at profitability reports of the OEM's, that Android has a bad structural problem. I'm not talking fragmentation but the OEM's cannibalizing their own sales where NEW is what sells. They've been pumping out so many phones that people just filter out all that by going to what's new. I don't think they are recovering their R&D and keep overshooting demand estimates leading to wholesale discounting such as this.

Moto and HTC (not sure who else) talk about coming out with fewer phones as if they are listening to customers. Reality is they have no choice because they've been eating their own lunch and need a longer shelf life to get a return on their R&D.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I printed out the email that was sent to me by another member and called corporate. They scanned the account to see if the email had been sent and they couldn't find anything. Apparently the legit email shows the last 4 digits of the mobile number and the email address, which mine doesn't. She wanted me to FAX it to them and verify it, then they would call back. She was really nice, but it looks like I'm SOL on this deal.

I might go to the store, IDK...

X

Red Droid

Reaction score
What is supposed to be announced this week?

This week is the Mobile World Congress show.

HTC has already announced the One for AT&T and another One for Tmobile. Nothing out of Motorola yet.

I'm waiting to see if anything interesting in the high end quad core family will be available before October when my next upgrade falls.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
This week is the Mobile World Congress show.

HTC has already announced the One for AT&T and another One for Tmobile. Nothing out of Motorola yet.

I'm waiting to see if anything interesting in the high end quad core family will be available before October when my next upgrade falls.

motorola will be coming out with the 400 core 50Ghz 20 GB ram Droid Razr Supreme with a 40MP rear camera, 20 MP front camera, 4G LTE+ 5" 3D Super HD projection screen and a 100000000 MaH battery :D

B-Unit

Reaction score
motorola will be coming out with the 400 core 50Ghz 20 GB ram Droid Razr Supreme with a 40MP rear camera, 20 MP front camera, 4G LTE+ 5" 3D Super HD projection screen and a 100000000 MaH battery :D

Cant be supreme without bell peppers! ;)

apotheosis415

Reaction score

But of course, you know that 6 months later a new one will be out with a 401, 51ghz, 21gig, 45mp, version. add a number to it, or an X or MAXX. And charge 200 more, with no upgrades scheduled or looked at.

Sakeem

Reaction score
i haven't received an e-mail. Also, i hope the $100 off involves the droid razr maxx. I still on my OG Droid.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Been with VZW since October 23rd 1999 here. No email whatsoever. Weird right?

I think it's more than just loyalty....think you also have to have a high-dollar account, typically. Loyal customer PLUS $200+ monthly bills.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
ive been paying 250ish a month since 2003! I got nada

10+ years maybe? Hahaha, no one knows. I think all we can say for certain is "Loyalty" is however VZW chooses to define it for a given promotion, and those promotions seem to vary regionally.

I've been a customer since @ 2002 or 2003, and mostly no text and the standard $40 voice plan....I got the $100 off promotion they ran in the midwest late Dec/ early Jan.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
On a related note, if your someone like combatmedic and you don't get offered a promotion you'd like to receive...then call-up CS and raise a stink, and if that doesn't work go into a Corporate VZW store and raise a stink.

It's proven time and again that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Great example is in Vegas often you may have earned a comp and deserve a comp, but you won't get it unless you ask. And from a business perspective, that is how it should be done.