Verizon "Certified Refurbished" GARBAGE!!!

OP
FloridaOccifer
Reaction score
I hope it works out for you. Mine will come tomorrow.

So far I can say this... All apps appear to be fully functional. Email working good.

Full charge last night, since unplugging at 6:45am it is at 90% currently (12:50pm). Few texts sent, few emails sent, few phone calls received.

I may have gotten a good one!:icon_ banana:

SIDE NOTE: Is there any place on this forum to sell accessories? I have a Kraken with 2 skins I am going to get rid of.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
SIDE NOTE: Is there any place on this forum to sell accessories? I have a Kraken with 2 skins I am going to get rid of.

You cant post anything for sale in this forum. Try our sister site Android Forum.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...06774-guidelines-conduct-droidforums-net.html

13.DO NOT advertise anything that costs money. Offering Items or Services to Trade, are not allowed. Anyone trying to use DroidForums.net to advertise any item for sale will be issued infractions and or banned, and their posts will be deleted. DroidForums is not Ebay or Craigslist.

jcl197

Reaction score
I too am a victim of CLNR. I am on my fourth clnr and now they are sending a fifth one, and it hasnt even been 2 weeks since i sent my original phone back. Every phone i get has some issue is pathetic. Bad slider mechanism, bad screen, wifi probs, or poorly put together. I was going go keep this last one as it was working properly and then i notice the screen isnt seated properly and after 2 days of use I have a bunch of dirt and dust under the touchscreen glass. I too was offered the ability to upgrade early and buy a new phone and extend my contract. Its bs, why should i buy a new phone when my current phone is under warranty, I didnt take their offer and so im waiting for number 5 to arrive, ive got a feeling this one will have worse issues than my current one though.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Travis798

Reaction score
I liked Alltel's refurb policy. With them, if you had problems with 3 replacement phones, you were allowed to trade in for any phone you wanted. If you downgraded in price, you got a credit to your account, if you got another phone at the same price, you simply swapped phones, or you could upgrade to a more expensive phone and simply pay the difference. I thought it was a good policy because it allowed you to get an actual new phone if you still wanted the model you had, and gave you a multitude of options if you wanted to try another. I sure with Verizon would adopt a similar policy.

csimo

Reaction score
Just remember that every CLNR phone was a problem for someone else before you got it. The refurbishment company gets about $7 per phone to "refurbish" them which means that they see if they turn on or not and that's about it. Then they send them out again and hope for the best.

goofycoolguy

Reaction score
I know thats bull! I had the original Moto Droid and it worked perfect till an update and then i went through 5 different CLNR moto droids when they finally upgraded me to a CLNR Droid 2 which i went through 4 of and then finally gave me a free BRAND NEW Droid 2 Global which has been flawless. Every phone i went through had a problem right when i turned it on so i got a new one the next day. So within two weeks i had the new D2g :D

OP
FloridaOccifer
Reaction score
Well I contact Verizon customer service yesterday and got the run around on more issues I was having with their "newest" CLNR phone they sent. I called today and escalated the call immediately by asking for Verizon Retentions.... After working through the entire ordeal on the phone for about 30 mins they came back from hold and offered me a new Droid 3 to replace the problematic DroidX... Needless to say the phone should be here sometime next week.