odd call volume issue

p0rk burn

Reaction score
When my wife calls my Droid its like her end is on mute. She can hear me but I get nothing but silence. Its not that she has me on mute (hard to believe being the wife and all, right?) because even when I call her phone I won't even hear it ringing. The first time I realized exactly what happened is when she said I left her a VM that was actually me waiting to hear it start to ring.

I haven't found any other contacts I have this issue with, which makes this all the more confusing. I will add I'm rooted with the sholes 1.0 RC rom (no tether installed though) but I'd appreciate ideas other than "well you messed with the OS, what do you expect."

Thanks.

swooshbb

Reaction score
ditto

I recently started having the exact same problem (people can hear me but I cannot hear them) except It will start happening and affects calls from ALL people and it will remain a problem until i power cycle my phone. I found that turning speaker phone on works but that's not really a fix. For reference I have a Motorola Droid on Verizon and my phone is NOT rooted. Not sure what is causing this though but it gets pretty annoying quickly. Anyone else experiencing this? Perhaps we can try to narrow down a common denominator, perhaps a rogue app that is causing the dysfunction.