Calls going into outer space?

01dyna

Reaction score
My wifes Droid seems to be acting very weird. Randomly, an outgoing call will reach the receiver but they can't hear her but she can hear them. We've double checked and her mute isn't turned on and signal quality is usually 3 bars or better.

We've also noticed that it happens with random incoming calls where the caller can her her but she can't hear them.

Recently, she had an incoming call where twice the caller called back but she couldn't hear them but they could hear her. We told the caller to call my Droid and the call was fine. We tried calling my phone twice just to be sure.

Also, not sure if it's related, but even when her phone is locked, it butt dials random numbers. It's happened to me at least three or four times where she's called me and I could hear muffled noise from inside her purse in her car.
We've also noticed where she's received voice mail but there's no missed call.

Anyone else experience this? The phone is less than a year old so we're thinking that maybe we should just return it to verizon and get a replacement.
Major pain to do so since we have the Zagg screen protector on it and we'll have to buy another one for the replacement and they ain't cheap.

tks,
-aki

Shmooze

Reaction score
I've experienced the same issue. Make sure dial pad is not displayed during tthe call because for some reaon this mutes your voice. As far as random numbers being dialed via butt I have the same prob.

OP

01dyna

Reaction score
well I think there may be hardware issue with this puppy. Have you spoken with Verizon about your phone? we've even tried using her speakerphone when the other end can't hear her and it still doesn't work.

As for the butt dialing, that's something that *definately* shouldn't be happening. Lord knows what the person on the other line might hear not to mention the air time that's being burned up. :icon_eek:

-aki

Trooper

Reaction score
I bet those "butt dials" are a real pain in the rear.....

Sorry, I couldn't resist..:icon_ devil:

kristoff125

Reaction score
I've had that issue before, I found that rebooting the phone if it happens normally fixes it.

OP

01dyna

Reaction score
thanks for the recommendation. We've tried that and since it's so sporatic, we can't tell if it works. If it did, it doesn't hold long since usually an hour or two after rebooting, the problem comes back.

-aki

OP

01dyna

Reaction score
We went by the Verizon store today and they, without even questioning it, went ahead and replaced her Droid with another. So, we'll just have to wait and see if the problem is now resolved!

-aki