Droid won't sync to Nissan Altima

[email protected]

Reaction score
My daughter owns a 2008 Altima with NAV. When she attempts to sync to it she can receive calls and hear the caller, but the caller cannot hear her. The same thing happens with my son's Droid on her car. Nissan says tough luck you should have checked compatibility first. Any ideas out there?

My Blackberry Tour syncs fine. Both Droids are updated to 2.1

issues636

Reaction score
this is what i found with a quick google search. i didn't bother clicking into the link since i don't have an altima to test it with, but let us know how it works out.

If you are having a connection problem with your new Motorola Droid it's not just you. Apparently this phone has a problem with Altima and Infinity cars. The connection can be made but the other party can not hear you and the sound quality is horrendous. There is a work-around until the phone software problem is fixed involving pressing the "handset" screen button followed by the phone button on the steering wheel. Here is a link to the thread:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/61154#61154

djrakun

Reaction score
Hai ve similar problems with my nissan rogue. The phone is paired but the car does not think my droid is available when I select it. I asked the dealer about it and she said that 'not all phones are supported and maybe they will have a software upgrade someday'. My guess as to why some phones work and others don't is the droid has bluetooth 2.1 and most phones have 2.0.