Motorola Droid call volume not load enough to hear

joat1513

Reaction score
My wife's phone, which is the same as mine, which is a MOTA855 motorola droid phone has issues hearing people who call or are called. The speaker phone works well enough, but when not using speaker phone, one can barely hear the other person on the line. My phone, being the same, does not seem to have this issue. While the volume is not incredibly loud, I can still hear well enough those on the other side. Both my wife and I have tried each others phones and her phone is definately lower in call volume then mine. Even with the adjustable call volume settings on max is still hard to hear the other person. Is this a common problem that anyone knows or not? any suggestions?

OSX2000

Reaction score
Bump for an answer?

My Droid just started doing this a week ago. The earpiece volume is maxed out, just like it always has been, but suddenly it's unbearably quiet. If I'm anywhere but in a silent room, I can't hear the person on the other end unless I'm using speaker.

It's not my ROM, because I tried flashing another Froyo ROM, then an Eclair ROM, and the volume was still low. I fear it might be a hardware issue.

Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:
OP
J

joat1513

Reaction score
issue solved

Issue was the moron who put a screen protector on for my wife covered the ear-piece. I am surprised I did not think of that sooner.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad we could help! :D

lol, you gotta love the store people. I was going to say Verizon but then I realized that accessories are sold at Best Buy too.

soulddenimplus

Reaction score
I had to have my Droid replaced due to this issue. The speaker for the ear piece had gone out. The person at the Verizon store told me it seems to be an issue with people who work in load and dirty environments (I work in a concrete plant) as he has replaced a few.

OSX2000

Reaction score
I had to have my Droid replaced due to this issue. The speaker for the ear piece had gone out. The person at the Verizon store told me it seems to be an issue with people who work in load and dirty environments (I work in a concrete plant) as he has replaced a few.
Dammit. I work in a dusty freight warehouse, and my Droid acts as my forklift's stereo. That's gotta be it. :(