Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I believe you. No reason to lie. I just wonder if mine does it & I don't notice. I really don't check the date that often on my phone.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
It also messes with time. My time was an hour forward. This messes up my time stamps

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Could this be a gps issue??...

sent from my sexy Note 4

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I am going to keep a close eye on mine as well......when did you get your Note 4?...maybe it was a bad group of phones....

sent from my sexy Note 4

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
I am going to keep a close eye on mine as well......when did you get your Note 4?...maybe it was a bad group of phones....

sent from my sexy Note 4
I got mine December 12th. Besides this issue the phone has been flawless

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I got mine December 12th. Besides this issue the phone has been flawless
Ok...that's weird. I will keep an eye on mine and see if I notice it.

sent from my sexy Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
GPS wouldn't make it August. AFAIK, cell towers affect time when you switch time zones. Could be a bad batch, but they all run the same software.

Know other people on the same network in the same area? I'd start polling them to see if they're seeing it too. Could be a problem with the network in your area.

Have you tried setting the date & time manually & not rely on the network (sorry if you already said you did or not)?

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
GPS wouldn't make it August. AFAIK, cell towers affect time when you switch time zones. Could be a bad batch, but they all run the same software.

Know other people on the same network in the same area? I'd start polling them to see if they're seeing it too. Could be a problem with the network in your area.

Have you tried setting the date & time manually & not rely on the network (sorry if you already said you did or not)?

My mom and I are the only ones I know with a note 4. I've looked online and no one else has experienced an issue like this. I haven't tried the setting date and time manually but I might try now

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Seeing it manually might narrow it down to the network. If it fixed the problem, it's only putting a bandaid on it.

My fiance does that because she doesn't like it to switch when we cross time zones (were only about a half hour into eastern time depending on which highway we take outta town). Drives me nuts because I grew up in central & like to adjust when I go back. I'm constantly doing math when we use her car or phone. I change my car clock when I pass the sign.

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
Seeing it manually might narrow it down to the network. If it fixed the problem, it's only putting a bandaid on it.

My fiance does that because she doesn't like it to switch when we cross time zones (were only about a half hour into eastern time depending on which highway we take outta town). Drives me nuts because I grew up in central & like to adjust when I go back. I'm constantly doing math when we use her car or phone. I change my car clock when I pass the sign.

How do I set it manually?