Scrapbook sharing issues

Batfan.com

Reaction score
I have a Note 4 on VZW and ever since I've upgraded to Lollipop, I've been unable to share items in Scrapbook.

I select an item in Scrapbook, go to 'Share via' and it shows 'No apps can perform this action'.

Anyone else having this issue?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
To be honest, I don't use the Scrapbook. I don't get it. Usually, when I want to share something, It's just a clip of my screen and not multiple things.

I'm pretty sure some of our other Note 4 owners here use it, or at least they used to, so hopefully someone else has some info for us.

OP
Batfan.com

Batfan.com

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't use the Scrapbook. I don't get it. Usually, when I want to share something, It's just a clip of my screen and not multiple things.

I'm pretty sure some of our other Note 4 owners here use it, or at least they used to, so hopefully someone else has some info for us.

Yep, I usually use the 'Air Command' menu to quickly clip part of my screen and send it (via Share) to my Google Drive, without really saving it to Scrapbook. But, since updating to Lollipop, I'm unable to share with either method ( clip & share OR clip, save to Scrapbook & share)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Strange. Mine seems to work.
2b6abe37b8212efe8917d97a9380f18d.jpg

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Maybe try finding anything to do with Scrapbook in the application manager and clear data and cache in those?

Did you perform a factory reset after the update? I did, so that could possibly be why mine's working properly. I'm also wondering if there might be an update to the scrapbook app in the Samsung appstore, though I would assume that an update that was needed to function on Lollipop would've just been included in the OS update.

OP
Batfan.com

Batfan.com

Reaction score
Maybe try finding anything to do with Scrapbook in the application manager and clear data and cache in those?

Did you perform a factory reset after the update? I did, so that could possibly be why mine's working properly. I'm also wondering if there might be an update to the scrapbook app in the Samsung appstore, though I would assume that an update that was needed to function on Lollipop would've just been included in the OS update.

I've cleared the Scrapbook cache (and rebooted) but, that did not help. I did not perform a factory reset after the update. I believe all my Samsung apps are up-to-date. I'm currently using Scrapbook version 1.7.248765

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's the same version I've got as well. If you're not keen on a full factory reset just because of this issue, you might be able to get by with booting into recovery and clearing cache there...

OP
Batfan.com

Batfan.com

Reaction score
That's the same version I've got as well. If you're not keen on a full factory reset just because of this issue, you might be able to get by with booting into recovery and clearing cache there...

Well, I booted into Recovery Mode and wiped the cache. Unfortunately, that didn't fix it either.

That being said, after screwing around with it, I've found a workaround. If I take a clip and hit the 'Collect' button (circle button in the lower-right) it minimizes the clip to a thumbnail image. If I click the thumbnail to expand it again and select 'Share', all the of the share options display as normal.

Screenshot_2015-04-21-12-48-40.png Screenshot_2015-04-21-12-48-52.png

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, I booted into Recovery Mode and wiped the cache. Unfortunately, that didn't fix it either.

That being said, after screwing around with it, I've found a workaround. If I take a clip and hit the 'Collect' button (circle button in the lower-right) it minimizes the clip to a thumbnail image. If I click the thumbnail to expand it again and select 'Share', all the of the share options display as normal.

View attachment 74711 View attachment 74712
Ah! I was in that screen after creating thumbnails & clicking them when I tried it...

Sent from my Note 4

jhom

Reaction score
I just saved something into Scrapbook and I was able to share it. Are you able to save the clip to scrapbook in the first place?