Note 4 issues

Mike8016

Reaction score
My note 4 has been having a few issues. First off when I'm on the phone and someone else is calling me it doesn't show up on the screen for me to see. 2nd my phone goes to a random date in August. I reset the phone then the date is fixed. Anyone else have these issues

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't get many calls while already on the phone, so I couldn't say. If my date has changed, it has done so & then changed back without me noticing.

So, short answer=no.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My note 4 has been having a few issues. First off when I'm on the phone and someone else is calling me it doesn't show up on the screen for me to see. 2nd my phone goes to a random date in August. I reset the phone then the date is fixed. Anyone else have these issues

So call waiting is notifying you via the tone in the ear, but it doesn't come up on the display? That's a bummer.

As for the date issue that sounds like a software issue, such as an app like calendar or clock (possibly a widget) that's conflicting with the phone. Still it's very strange because date and time on the phone are set by the cellular carriers.

I'm curious to see where this goes.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Last edited:
OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
My note 4 has been having a few issues. First off when I'm on the phone and someone else is calling me it doesn't show up on the screen for me to see. 2nd my phone goes to a random date in August. I reset the phone then the date is fixed. Anyone else have these issues?

So call waiting is notifying you via the tone in the ear, but it doesn't come up on the display? That's a bummer.

As for the date issue that sounds like a software issue, such as an app like calendar or clock (possibly a widget) that's conflicting with the phone. Still it's very strange because date and time on the phone are set by the cellular carriers.

I'm curious to see where this goes.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Yeah I just here the sound. With the calendar issue, it effects the beauitiful widget equivalent. I might just do a factory reset tomorrow and see where it takes me

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It might narrow it down to an app that you installed vs a system app. If the problems don't happen in safe mode, chances are it's a third party app & could find it by uninstalling them one by one instead of doing a full factory reset & having to reinstall all of them.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
So I did a factory setting reset and the caller Id works. I guess I will just play the waiting game to see if the date changes

nightwhisper

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy 4
How do I clear my history on a Samsung Galaxy S4?

nightwhisper

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy 4
About the Samsung Galaxy S4, I thought I ran across a list of everywhere I had visited n I wanted to empty it. Maybe I got this confused with my Samsung Tablet

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
About the Samsung Galaxy S4, I thought I ran across a list of everywhere I had visited n I wanted to empty it. Maybe I got this confused with my Samsung Tablet
Everywhere you had visited, as in GPS tracking? A list of locations you had physically visited?

Or everywhere you had visited on the internet?

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
So my phone went back to august. The date today was august 27th. All I did was restart the phone and its good again. Weird thing is my moms note 4 did it too