Not receiving one contact's calls?

easye

Reaction score
I'm having a strange issue with my OG Droid. I have no idea whether this is a Droid issue, a Verizon issue, or a Google Voice isssue, but for some reason my phone is NOT showing any calls from this one contact. She says her calls go directly to my voicemail, and if she leaves one, I get the usual SMS notification, but no ringing, vibrate, incoming call screen or missed call notification. I have tried removing her from my Google account, and the issue persists.

Is there some way I could have accidently blocked someone in this fashion on either the Droid or Google Voice? I suppose I could bring it to Verizon and ask them, since both phones are Verizon (shes got a Droid Pro), but my phone is rooted so I don't know how much help they would be, which is usually not much anyways.

So any ideas?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Goto Contacts>>Her Contact info>>Edit>>more information>>uncheck go straight to voicemail.

OP
E

easye

Reaction score
Goto Contacts>>Her Contact info>>Edit>>more information>>uncheck go straight to voicemail.

When I clicked for more info, all it gave me was the fields for email and website and such. I didn't see any check boxes concerning voicemail. I'm running Peter Alfonso's Gingerbread ROM (GPA12), I'm not sure if that changes the deal, but I wasn't receiving the calls when I was running Bugless either.

Did you blacklist them?

I don't know how to do this, so I assume no. But how would I go about checking if they were?

It's my girlfriend, so if this is the case, I'll have to think of a better excuse than "I accidently blacklisted you sorry"

BodyBagz

Reaction score
If Blackandblacks directions didnt work...try this...might work even though I am on Liberty..

Contacts--->Hard Menu Button--->Options,<----see if you have this available---->Uncheck "Send Directly To Voicemail" if it is checked...

OP
E

easye

Reaction score
If Blackandblacks directions didnt work...try this...might work even though I am on Liberty..

Contacts--->Hard Menu Button--->Options,<----see if you have this available---->Uncheck "Send Directly To Voicemail" if it is checked...

I found this option under her contact info, but it was not checked. I checked it and unchecked, but it doesn't appear to be the problem. Is their a way that Google Voice might be forwarding it?

Last edited: