Google Chat notifications not working for ONE contact

Reaction score
Greetings:

I've Googled the heck out of this but can't find an answer. There is one post on the Google forums but there hasn't been an answer yet.

While on my Droid Bionic (running stock Jelly Bean, rooted). I'm using the Google Talk client. I receive notifications that a chat message is incoming from all contacts except one person. She is not blocked or restricted in any way. In fact, I used to get chat notifications from her before the recent Jelly Bean OTA. I checked every setting I could think of in the chat client, my Google settings, her contact settings, etc. On my laptop I use Google Chat through the Gmail website. I don't use Google Talk client (but I did install it today to see if I could access additional options there. None.).

I doubt this matters but she uses a Google Chat client on her iPhone. I am going to test if there's a difference if she sends chats from her iPhone vs. her laptop client.

Any ideas at all what could cause me to not receive Google Chat notifications from only one contact?

OP
Captain Crypto
Reaction score
Welp, I think I figured out the issue. My friend uses the Google Chat client on her iPhone. When she sends me a Chat message from her phone, I do not receive a notification. When she sends me a Chat message from her laptop, I get the notification.

Coincidence? No idea. But there it is.