Not getting Maps 4.4 to install but Maps.apk isn't installed

vitomins

Reaction score
I believe the BB ROM installs busybox with it, but I also believe if you purchase Titanium Backup (the paid version) it needs Busybox to work and installs a version of busybox with it.

What ROM are you running? Hopefully someone with more linux/tech skills is around and can help you with what you are encountering.

Ahhh wait a minute...I was on BB, but then I switched to the clean version of Android 2.2, which is why I am missing the BusyBox, I will use Titanium Backup to get BusyBox back and try again...

vitomins

Reaction score
Just installed busybox through Titanium Backup and I am getting the same message...what a headache!

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You shouldn't just delete directeries in data/data. removing the apk and then doing a pm uninstall should do the trick. Allinone feature has that.

su
allinone

Once you pm uninstall the app it should install from market without an issue... but, if you deleted data/data directories most likely pm uninstall won't work. You might have to reinstall the rom or delete... umm.. I think the info in /data/system/packages.xml.

vitomins

Reaction score
You shouldn't just delete directeries in data/data. removing the apk and then doing a pm uninstall should do the trick. Allinone feature has that.

su
allinone

Once you pm uninstall the app it should install from market without an issue... but, if you deleted data/data directories most likely pm uninstall won't work. You might have to reinstall the rom or delete... umm.. I think the info in /data/system/packages.xml.

I've had the phone for a year and I still don;t know what you are talking about haha. I did that command in TE and got this message: 'allinone not found'

vitomins

Reaction score

su
allinone

I was able to pull the packages.xml and remove the Maps entry, but when I try to push it back into the system folder I get 'permission denied'...

Any ideas?