How to fix Google Maps 4.4 Unsucssesful install

icebluemale30

Reaction score
I m running FGR22D Stock rooted and i went to update Google maps 4.3 to 4.4 from market after download it says Install Unsuccessful was there a fix before for this some to involve terminal su to remove old map and install new one can anyone help ?

Thanks

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm rooted and have 4.4 on my phone. I'm not aware of any fix.

Brandonovich

Reaction score
I have been struggling with this for awhile now, and I cannot find an answer. It would be great if someone could help with this issue. Google Voice doing the same thing.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I m running FGR22D Stock rooted and i went to update Google maps 4.3 to 4.4 from market after download it says Install Unsuccessful was there a fix before for this some to involve terminal su to remove old map and install new one can anyone help ?

Thanks

You're running stock rooted? You mean P3's version?

There was a problem with the Market and that version. I downloaded the "fix" and it changed my release number.

I don't know where that fix is at but you might not be happy with it if you did use it.

Brandonovich

Reaction score
Well, I read several threads on this and did what I was dreading doing. I uninstalled my maps - apparently I was still at version 4.2, which is how long I have been unable to update - and tried downloading 4.5 from the market. It still will not install and I now have no maps at all.

Droid 1 rooted Froyo first leaked version running Launcher Pro

Brandonovich

Reaction score
Did a Nandroid restore and got my maps back, but still at square one. Help!