No weather while in dock...

jthompsn

Reaction score
Same here, just bought the dock and no weather. I've switched weather locations manually, automatically, nothing. I also made sure to kill the weatherbug app --wonder if it is being caused by having installed dockrunner? Or it could be the accuweather.com is down. Am going to try a restart.

Just bought a dock 20 min ago, no weather as well and no update (2.0.1 either. I gather the two are unrelated from the buzz around here anyway)

If anyone come across a fix I would shoot me a PM. Thanks!

seeker222

Reaction score
I don't think it's Accuweather

For me, at least it doesn't appear that the problem is Accuweather. When there is no weather info in 'Dock' mode, I can go to 'home' mode and the Accuweather widget is displaying the weather just fine. Perhaps these two apps connect separately to the server for info, but why would one get the weather info and one not?

vonfink13

Reaction score
I star'ed the issue as indicated on the link above, but now am getting an email every time someone else comments. How do I shut that off.:mad:
click profile in the upper right, cilck settings on the page displayed and then change your preferences:

Issue change notification

Whenever an issue is changed by another user, send me an email:
If I am in the issue's owner or CC fields.
If I starred the issue.

i voted and changed my settings so i dont get notifications..thanks..and this is why this forum is the best...helpful and pleasant members...:clap:

OP
Aaron636r

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Im not getting any weather while on my dock at all anymore. Im a geek I guess but Im anal about always know the weather. Hope this gets fixed.

atlharry

Reaction score
It's not an accuweather or android problem (at least I don't think).

I believe it's a problem with the google geo-location services. It's not matching up lat and long. It's even evident in the browser where the location services are used in a google local search. On the default mobile google page, right underneath the Search button, it should show your location. These days, it's very intermittent (right now, mine says Location unavailable update). Hopefully, they'll get that service back up and running soon...

I've searched high and low for proof of this, but there's just no status page for this...

Greenham

Reaction score
Yep, Mine just started working again... Looked at it one min and it was the --F looked over a few min ago and there it is... right location and temp. Lets hope it stays this way

wutasi

Reaction score
It's working now, couldn't get anything as of 2 hours ago

OP
Aaron636r

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Mine did come back up all by itself. Interesting...

I swear the God's are reading this forum.

skydivingcows

Reaction score
this appears to be working now, anyone else noticing?

I was having this same issue and it appears to be resolved for me. I don't have the dock with me right now but the weatherr is working in dockrunner app.

It used to find the lat/long and then stop. After it finds that it should say "looking for a location match" Once it finds that then you are golden. I was never getting that step before.

Big D

Reaction score
I started a thread about a week ago.

I hope the Weather comes back. It's the whole reason I bought the dock.

JayMonster

Reaction score
My guess right now is that whatever server is being used for the weather information is getting swampped and goes down periodically. Probably because some sysadmin underestimated the volume of Droids that would be decending on them for information (Heck even VZW looks like they clearly unerestimated the number of Docks they would sell)... It will eventually get fixed.

fatasian

Reaction score
It's been making me nuts too. (I just got my dock last nite)
I hope all is well when I get home tonight.