getting really frustrated

adamsredlines

Reaction score
I loved my phone for the first few months. The last few weeks...not so much

1) mediaplayer automatically turns on when I plug in headphones and is a PITA to turn off.

2) I get a call and answer it...and I can't hear anything. Reboot the phone and back to normal. The caller could hear me just fine. Its done this 4 times now

3) it mysteriously turned itself off yesterday. No warning, just off.

4) while its on its docking station (Motorola part), the weather quit displaying -- degrees. Also while on the docking station its not gone into dock mode before. If I remove it from the dock and put it back, it will work, but why does it take two tries?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I loved my phone for the first few months. The last few weeks...not so much

1) mediaplayer automatically turns on when I plug in headphones and is a PITA to turn off.

2) I get a call and answer it...and I can't hear anything. Reboot the phone and back to normal. The caller could hear me just fine. Its done this 4 times now

3) it mysteriously turned itself off yesterday. No warning, just off.

4) while its on its docking station (Motorola part), the weather quit displaying -- degrees. Also while on the docking station its not gone into dock mode before. If I remove it from the dock and put it back, it will work, but why does it take two tries?

I think you have an app that's not playing nice with your phone. Here's what you need to do. Do a hard reset and remove everything except the basics. See how it performs for a day or so. Then start adding your apps back on. See if you can't find the one that's causing you an issue.

BTW, if you have Advance Task Killer I'd try removing that first. That's been known to cause issues on other peoples phones and just removing it fixed them.

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I just removed about 9 apps...not all but the ones that are left are ones I used for months with no issue. Will do a hard reset and see how it goes. Thanks!

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Here's my current list of apps....after removing ones that MAY be faulty. These should be ok...correct?

Droid Light
Google Maps
Bank of America mobile banking
Pandora
Photobucket
Shazam
The Weather Channel

Hopefully all is well.

Isaiah

Reaction score
I don't fully understand the error, but I don't believe its something you can fix. Speakerphone for it will probably work though. Because I had the same problem happen to me (VZW gave me a new droid though, and now its allll better)

P.S. this is for number three.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's my current list of apps....after removing ones that MAY be faulty. These should be ok...correct?

Droid Light
Google Maps
Bank of America mobile banking
Pandora
Photobucket
Shazam
The Weather Channel

Hopefully all is well.

Yes, give it some time to make sure it worked.

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
I don't fully understand the error, but I don't believe its something you can fix. Speakerphone for it will probably work though. Because I had the same problem happen to me (VZW gave me a new droid though, and now its allll better)

P.S. this is for number three.

No idea what's causing it? It did it today, I was listening to pandora then got a call and when I answered it...no sound (yes, headphones were unplugged).
Then I went to play a youtube video, no sound again. Reboot and its back to normal, but for how long?

It also did no sound from a call on Sunday night. Reboot and back to normal...until this morning.

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Well I am down to those apps and did a hard reboot earlier...youtube app isn't playing sound, but the phone still chimes when I receive a text. Guess its time to go to verizon. Grrrr

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I am down to those apps and did a hard reboot earlier...youtube app isn't playing sound, but the phone still chimes when I receive a text. Guess its time to go to verizon. Grrrr

Yes, when it story still fails after all that you need to replace the phone. If I were you I'd do it with Verizon over the phone. But that's up to you. Some Verizon stores may want to duplicate the problem. If they hassle you just walk out and call Verizon.

zasran

Reaction score
Auto-play of default media player - very annoying, no idea how to get rid of it,

Phone seaker not working after something was plugged in headphones jack - a known problem (google for it), pluging/unpluging something again usually helps, I solved it by going bluetooth only... BTW speakerphone still works so if it happens you can sort of solve the problem immediately ...

Reboots - it happens sometime, if it happens too often try to figure out which app is responsible.

ero

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
It sucks to pay so much for a phone, get roped into a long expensive contract...and it be filled with bugs and issues.
Seems its all a software issue as it didn't do any of this for the first 2 months...and now it does, like an update caused it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It sucks to pay so much for a phone, get roped into a long expensive contract...and it be filled with bugs and issues.
Seems its all a software issue as it didn't do any of this for the first 2 months...and now it does, like an update caused it.

Why do you think that? Not everyone has those issues. Did they say they wouldn't replace it?

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Haven't had time to go and check.
If they do, I will be glad...but call me silly for thinking its odd to have to replace your new phone after only 3 months.

Granted this has tons of capabilities none of my other phones had, but my Razr and Rokr never had any issues.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven't had time to go and check.
If they do, I will be glad...but call me silly for thinking its odd to have to replace your new phone after only 3 months.

Granted this has tons of capabilities none of my other phones had, but my Razr and Rokr never had any issues.

It's not even unusual. It's a piece of electronic equipment and stuff happens.

I understand you're being disappointed. You get everything set up the way you want it and then something like this happens. Not much you can do but get a replacement. At lest you got your warranty.

zasran

Reaction score
BTW a big software update (2.0.1 to 2.1) is coming really soon (this month?) which might fix some of these problems,

ero