Docking Station question

JimiZ9K

Reaction score
Before the 2.2 update, when I had my Droid in the docking station, it would keep a screen up with the time & weather. I used this as my clock while at work. Now, it will show an updated version, then go to a black screen with the time in green moving around and then go completely off.

I've checked the settings while it's in the docking station and none of the options seem to be what I'm looking for. Am I missing something? Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Jimi-Z

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before the 2.2 update, when I had my Droid in the docking station, it would keep a screen up with the time & weather. I used this as my clock while at work. Now, it will show an updated version, then go to a black screen with the time in green moving around and then go completely off.

I've checked the settings while it's in the docking station and none of the options seem to be what I'm looking for. Am I missing something? Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Jimi-Z

No, that's the current setting. It does it like a screen saver thing and goes into that black screen with the movable clock. The only thing you can do is tap your home button to bring back some of the the home screen in dock features.

This doesn't happen with the D2 by the way. Screen stays fully lit but it is different from the screen we were familiar with in the dock with 2.1.

hoosiermama

Reaction score
Someone suggested Alarm Clock Plus on here awhile back. I downloaded that and really like it. It works great keeping the screen on, with the clock and weather displaying while in the docking station.

OP
J

JimiZ9K

Reaction score
Thank you both very much! I'll give Alarm Clock Plus a try.

struong57

Reaction score
Another thing I've noticed is the Droid will not give you the option to go back into car mode once you've exited to the Home Screen. The only way I've figured out to get back into car mode is to remove and re-dock the Droid.

Does anyone know of another way?

george50

Reaction score
Another thing I've noticed is the Droid will not give you the option to go back into car mode once you've exited to the Home Screen. The only way I've figured out to get back into car mode is to remove and re-dock the Droid.

Does anyone know of another way?

Yes, go to google search on the home page and enter Car Dock Panel, this will let you turn it on even if it's not docked... Or you can go to your apps and the car panel icon will be visible.

Why do we have to do this workaround when with my Motorla Droid X it was no problem to go back to the car panel, just hit the home icon...

You'd think that HTC would of checked a motorola Droid X to learn hoe to do it.... :blink: