Stuck in Multimedia Station mode

stevewoesthoff

Reaction score
Ok so I will start from the beginning:

My son who is 16 months old LOVES cell phones. My buddy at Verizon gave him a dummy display phone he doesnt want it, he has to play with the working phone. The app Toddler Lock is pretty decent except sometimes it will prevent the touchscreen from working even when its not on. So what I did was I turned on a pattern lock, turned on haptic feedback on the pattern, and he loved it. He just sits there tapping the screen and it vibrates a little and hes fine.

Well, somehow, someway, he "unlocked" it to the Multimedia Station as if it was docked in the Multimedia dock. And its stuck there. If I hit the home button it goes to the multimedia station. If I hit the house "home" icon in multimedia station it will go to the home screen and i can use the phone but its stuck in landscape mode. And then, like i said, hitting the home button takes it back to MM station.

So, I tried docking the phone in the mm dock, nothing changes. I open applications and find the Mm stations running and hit force close, the icon in the notification shade went away but the mm station did not. Then what I did was turn the phone off, comes right back to mm station. Pulled the battery same thing. Did factory reset, and that fixed it, until my battery died, then after the phone powered back on it was stuck on the mm station yet again. So then I factory restored again, and it went away, then the 2.1 update came out, I updated which power cycled the phone, and it came back on to the mm station, with 2.1 installed! So I factory restored to 2.1 and it went away... which a werid side note after restoring and getting rid of it, i plug the phone in to the dock and the mm station DOESNT come up...until my battery died and it came back yet again. So im a little stuck now.

Love my Droid btw :motdroidvert:. Never getting rid of it until Moto has a Droid 2 or whatever.

addition: reading the forums it seems a lot of people have trouble with magnets activating the car mode or the mm station, no magents around, no holsters or anything. I just have the dock, and it does this while well far away from the dock.

huskur

Reaction score
Ok so I will start from the beginning:

My son who is 16 months old LOVES cell phones. My buddy at Verizon gave him a dummy display phone he doesnt want it, he has to play with the working phone. The app Toddler Lock is pretty decent except sometimes it will prevent the touchscreen from working even when its not on. So what I did was I turned on a pattern lock, turned on haptic feedback on the pattern, and he loved it. He just sits there tapping the screen and it vibrates a little and hes fine.

Well, somehow, someway, he "unlocked" it to the Multimedia Station as if it was docked in the Multimedia dock. And its stuck there. If I hit the home button it goes to the multimedia station. If I hit the house "home" icon in multimedia station it will go to the home screen and i can use the phone but its stuck in landscape mode. And then, like i said, hitting the home button takes it back to MM station.

So, I tried docking the phone in the mm dock, nothing changes. I open applications and find the Mm stations running and hit force close, the icon in the notification shade went away but the mm station did not. Then what I did was turn the phone off, comes right back to mm station. Pulled the battery same thing. Did factory reset, and that fixed it, until my battery died, then after the phone powered back on it was stuck on the mm station yet again. So then I factory restored again, and it went away, then the 2.1 update came out, I updated which power cycled the phone, and it came back on to the mm station, with 2.1 installed! So I factory restored to 2.1 and it went away... which a werid side note after restoring and getting rid of it, i plug the phone in to the dock and the mm station DOESNT come up...until my battery died and it came back yet again. So im a little stuck now.

Love my Droid btw :motdroidvert:. Never getting rid of it until Moto has a Droid 2 or whatever.

addition: reading the forums it seems a lot of people have trouble with magnets activating the car mode or the mm station, no magents around, no holsters or anything. I just have the dock, and it does this while well far away from the dock.

pull the battery and put it back in and reboot

OP
stevewoesthoff

stevewoesthoff

Reaction score
"Then what I did was turn the phone off, comes right back to mm station. Pulled the battery same thing."

Also just tried it again, just to be sure, same thing. Boots back up with mm station open.

OP
stevewoesthoff

stevewoesthoff

Reaction score
SOLVED:

My buddy at Verizon said stick a magnet to the back. So i got an old name tag, stuck it on there, it switched to car dock mode, and i hit home and that worked. Very weird if you ask me. Using a magnet actually FIXED the problem, when the dock would not. But it did.

DroidinMN

Reaction score
Same issue, same solution

I dropped my phone in a snowbank, I pulled dug it out, and took the battery out and let it dry over night. But when I put the battery back in and booted it up, it was stuck in Multimedia Dock mode. Strange, I tried rebooting a few times, nothing. I was about to do a factory reset, but decided to search the web first and found this solution. I used a refrigerator magnet and swiped it across the back of the phone and that fixed it.

One more thing, an unrelated issue as it happened before the snowbank - I lost ALL of my text messages a few weeks back. Nothing strange happened to my phone, I didn't reboot it, I didn't drop it, just all texts were gone. I called Verizon and searched the forums - no solution, but I did see that it is fairly common. So I downloaded a free app to regularly back up my texts to flash.

If you have a Droid and want to keep your texts, make sure you back them up!