No weather while in dock...

rickdell

Reaction score
I've tried all of these fixes that work inconstantly. I am hoping for a software fix but it is a hard needle to find in a big haystack. "The knee bone is connected to the thigh bone." Where do you look, phone, cradle, weather, GPS. For now I look outside the window.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I have seen this once or twice myself. A bit annoying to see it, but if this is the biggest problem I have all day, I consider myself lucky. Should it be fixed? Of course it should... assuming it is something that can be fixed and isn't just a network issue. But to be honest, there are plenty of other issues that are far more pressing that I hope they get to first... I'm just sayin'

jfourman

Reaction score
I think it is an Accuweather problem. Weather Bug is showing the same thing for my local temperature: "--F" and a 0? on the current conditions tab. Both the dock app and Weather Bug use Accuweather. This isn't a Droid problem.

fjhiii

Reaction score
I have the same problem, I first noticed it before I did the OTA update. I still have the problem. Error message received when searching by zip code reads "No results found".

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
"This isn't a Droid problem."

Agreed.

I also no longer have it, either in dockrunner, or in the actual dock, however if the app is finding my location ok, but not getting data, this would fit the symptoms.

I'm also now running 2.0.1 from a manual update, it has to be the accuweather server...

Spectral

Reaction score
I would have to guess it is the accuweather server because mine give me a latitude and longitude coordinates for my location but the temperature and weather section stay blank with just the F. And i know my GPS/Internet are working because my weather bug app has the temp in my notification panel. It obviously isn't the dock either because it really isn't doing anything but triggering the dock mode and charging the phone. It could possibly be a software issue but highly unlikely since it seems its an on and off thing depending on when it loads for people.

dtrust

Reaction score
Here's another vote for the weather service and not the droid. Mine always worked fine, until last night. I have the same thing as others now; the -F- and not data.

Same problem when setting it up. Searching for my city gets 'no results found'.

As someone else said, if this is the only problem I have to deal with, I'm a happy boy.

bennyj

Reaction score
I am also having the same issue. My weatherbug is working fine though, so I agree, I believe it to be an accuweather issue.

Silver Member
Reaction score
in on this. my weather was working great until 2.0.1, now i get nothing. the weather brings up my lat and long, but it can't find a location. if i type a zip, or city name, it can't find a location.

kind of bummed. really enjoyed this feature.

grapeape3311

Reaction score
Same issue here. Just got the dock yesterday, and set it up this morning at work. No weather info is displayed. Found my GPS location but nothing. I also had the problem when I put in a zip or a city it comes back with not found. Oh well I guess. Maybe one day it will be fixed.

jev

Reaction score
Evidently it doesn't matter if you have updated or not as I'm still waiting for my update and my weather isn't working either.

Skrat982

Reaction score
I star'ed the issue as indicated on the link above, but now am getting an email every time someone else comments. How do I shut that off.:mad:

Silver Member
Reaction score
I star'ed the issue as indicated on the link above, but now am getting an email every time someone else comments. How do I shut that off.:mad:
click profile in the upper right, cilck settings on the page displayed and then change your preferences:

Issue change notification

Whenever an issue is changed by another user, send me an email:
If I am in the issue's owner or CC fields.
If I starred the issue.

dhz157

Reaction score
Same here, just bought the dock and no weather. I've switched weather locations manually, automatically, nothing. I also made sure to kill the weatherbug app --wonder if it is being caused by having installed dockrunner? Or it could be the accuweather.com is down. Am going to try a restart.