No weather while in dock...

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Aaron636r, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Aaron636r

Aaron636r New Member

This worked great for the first week I had my dock on the Droid. Tells me the weather.

However, now for the past 2 days its blank. Just shows the fahrenheit "F" and that's it. Had it find my location, and it does but doesn't show me the weather.

Dock isn't faulty maybe the phone is??
  2. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

I just loaded dockrunner to check mine, had no display, went to setup and had it do another auto search for my location, brought it back.
  3. Aaron636r

Aaron636r New Member

Ya, that isn't working for me. Just weird. But im anal about know the weather so its bugging me unfortunately.
  4. kmbert12

kmbert12 New Member

Where do you get dockrunner. Mine works sometimes but no display most other times. I've done the manual find and the automatic and still no display. WTF. I like the phone but I need it to do what it's suppose to do.
  5. nite 0wl

nite 0wl New Member

I've had this issue occasionally when using the location based weather setting (weather based on current phone location). I found that it generally fixes itself if I manually enter a location. This might not be a great fix if you are a serious roadwarrior but if you only use the dock within a limited geographic area it doesn't pose a problem.

I suspect this issue is down to issues with the phone determining your location due to lack of sGPS signal or difficulty establishing a suitably reliable aGPS location.
  6. rp683

rp683 New Member

Same here, Just shows the fahrenheit "F" ... must be from the accuweather site.. hopefully they fix it soon...
  7. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Same here, been working fine until the last couple of days. Tried new location, disable, enable, etc. No luck.

Could be Accuweather server issue?

I also downloaded Beautiful Widgets yesterday and using he Clock/Weather widget (works perfectly and so does The Weather Channel app), but pretty sure the problem started a day before that.
  8. rp683

rp683 New Member

Seems fixed.... anyone else?
  9. nite 0wl

nite 0wl New Member

It was acting up on Saturday but it seems to be working fine today. For a while it would only work if I switched it to Centigrade or it would display temperature data but not weather conditions.
  10. Itamar

Itamar New Member

Occasionally, I have the same propblem. I've found that rebooting (turning off and on) the phone will cure the problem for a while. It seems to happen mostly after I've run a number of apps. Yes, it's very annoying.
  11. Itamar

Itamar New Member

Ironicly, just after submitting the above post, the weather went out again. This time after rebooting, it still did not return. DOH!
  12. seeker222

seeker222 New Member

Possible Solution

I had the same problem a few days ago, and it seems that my problem was caused by using Advanced Task Killer to kill the "Settings" task. I had been stopping it because I couldn't understand why the settings task had to be running, but once I stopped killing it, the weather came on and stayed on the phone while in the dock.

Hope that helps others out there.
  13. jfourman

jfourman New Member

Accuweather could be the problem

I have the "--F" issue on my dock as well. I just tried to "Manually search location" with my zip and then city, state. Both searches returned "No result found" which tells me that the dock is not connecting to Accuweather. I confirmed that my internet connection is working fine.
  14. rp683

rp683 New Member

As of last night mine wasn't working again... Still not working this morning either.
  15. Aaron636r

Aaron636r New Member

Rinning 2.0.1 and still having the same problem
  16. rickdell

rickdell New Member

I've tried all of these fixes that work inconstantly. I am hoping for a software fix but it is a hard needle to find in a big haystack. "The knee bone is connected to the thigh bone." Where do you look, phone, cradle, weather, GPS. For now I look outside the window.
  17. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

I have seen this once or twice myself. A bit annoying to see it, but if this is the biggest problem I have all day, I consider myself lucky. Should it be fixed? Of course it should... assuming it is something that can be fixed and isn't just a network issue. But to be honest, there are plenty of other issues that are far more pressing that I hope they get to first... I'm just sayin'
  18. jfourman

jfourman New Member

I think it is an Accuweather problem. Weather Bug is showing the same thing for my local temperature: "--F" and a 0? on the current conditions tab. Both the dock app and Weather Bug use Accuweather. This isn't a Droid problem.
  19. fjhiii

fjhiii New Member

I have the same problem, I first noticed it before I did the OTA update. I still have the problem. Error message received when searching by zip code reads "No results found".
  20. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

"This isn't a Droid problem."

Agreed.

I also no longer have it, either in dockrunner, or in the actual dock, however if the app is finding my location ok, but not getting data, this would fit the symptoms.

I'm also now running 2.0.1 from a manual update, it has to be the accuweather server...