No weather while in dock...

Aaron636r

Reaction score
This worked great for the first week I had my dock on the Droid. Tells me the weather.

However, now for the past 2 days its blank. Just shows the fahrenheit "F" and that's it. Had it find my location, and it does but doesn't show me the weather.

Dock isn't faulty maybe the phone is??

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just loaded dockrunner to check mine, had no display, went to setup and had it do another auto search for my location, brought it back.

OP
Aaron636r

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Ya, that isn't working for me. Just weird. But im anal about know the weather so its bugging me unfortunately.

kmbert12

Reaction score
Where do you get dockrunner. Mine works sometimes but no display most other times. I've done the manual find and the automatic and still no display. WTF. I like the phone but I need it to do what it's suppose to do.

nite 0wl

Reaction score
I've had this issue occasionally when using the location based weather setting (weather based on current phone location). I found that it generally fixes itself if I manually enter a location. This might not be a great fix if you are a serious roadwarrior but if you only use the dock within a limited geographic area it doesn't pose a problem.

I suspect this issue is down to issues with the phone determining your location due to lack of sGPS signal or difficulty establishing a suitably reliable aGPS location.

rp683

Reaction score
Same here, Just shows the fahrenheit "F" ... must be from the accuweather site.. hopefully they fix it soon...

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Same here, Just shows the fahrenheit "F" ... must be from the accuweather site.. hopefully they fix it soon...

Same here, been working fine until the last couple of days. Tried new location, disable, enable, etc. No luck.

Could be Accuweather server issue?

I also downloaded Beautiful Widgets yesterday and using he Clock/Weather widget (works perfectly and so does The Weather Channel app), but pretty sure the problem started a day before that.

nite 0wl

Reaction score
It was acting up on Saturday but it seems to be working fine today. For a while it would only work if I switched it to Centigrade or it would display temperature data but not weather conditions.

Itamar

Reaction score
Occasionally, I have the same propblem. I've found that rebooting (turning off and on) the phone will cure the problem for a while. It seems to happen mostly after I've run a number of apps. Yes, it's very annoying.

Itamar

Reaction score
Ironicly, just after submitting the above post, the weather went out again. This time after rebooting, it still did not return. DOH!

seeker222

Reaction score
Possible Solution

I had the same problem a few days ago, and it seems that my problem was caused by using Advanced Task Killer to kill the "Settings" task. I had been stopping it because I couldn't understand why the settings task had to be running, but once I stopped killing it, the weather came on and stayed on the phone while in the dock.

Hope that helps others out there.

jfourman

Reaction score
Accuweather could be the problem

I had the same problem a few days ago, and it seems that my problem was caused by using Advanced Task Killer to kill the "Settings" task. I had been stopping it because I couldn't understand why the settings task had to be running, but once I stopped killing it, the weather came on and stayed on the phone while in the dock.

Hope that helps others out there.

I have the "--F" issue on my dock as well. I just tried to "Manually search location" with my zip and then city, state. Both searches returned "No result found" which tells me that the dock is not connecting to Accuweather. I confirmed that my internet connection is working fine.

rp683

Reaction score
As of last night mine wasn't working again... Still not working this morning either.