getting really frustrated

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
And to add to my rant, something I forgot...it doesn't play a lot of youtube videos...has an app for youtube built in but won't play them?
I know the video works but I get an error message.
Aaaah the wonderful Droid.

zasran

Reaction score
Youtube: Flash player is coming Q1 2010 so that should be resolved soon,

BTW can you give some examples of videos that don't play on Droid but work fine elsewhere? Just curious...

ero

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
This video was posted on a Dodge Truck forum I frequent, and it got replies.
Wouldn't work for me...until yet another restart (had to restart it T times today to get functionality back).

[video=youtube;bSA06BueMbo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSA06BueMbo[/video]

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Droid is a first generation device, it's not unheard of for their to be 'lemons' in production. Just because you didn't have an issue with other phones (dumb phones btw) doesn't mean it's not possible.

Droid has it's set backs, but you're experiencing out of the ordinary issues. And YouTube has no issues for me. Haven't come across a video I couldn't play.

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
The video posted above is one of the many that gave me an error message, all ones that others on the forums were watching and replying to.

If I got a lemon phone, why would all this just start in the last month?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The video posted above is one of the many that gave me an error message, all ones that others on the forums were watching and replying to.

If I got a lemon phone, why would all this just start in the last month?
My honest opinion? Something you did... why would it work then not work? (Unless something is defective. Not out of the realm of possibility) Not trying to give you a hard time.

I'm assuming you've looked at this thread regarding your 'no sound' issues http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...cial-thread-no-sound-after-headphone-use.html

Last edited:
OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
I know you're not giving me a hard time, I just don't understand this phone.

As for me doing something to it, what could I have done? Its never been dropped, its not hacked...I just use it for email, surfing/texting. It only gets charged with motorola chargers (one that came with it, and the droid doc).

Let's try this...I rebooted last night to get the above video to work.
This was posted and it won't play. I've not rebooted it yet again, but since the last reboot its just been on the dock...and its back to error messages.

[video=youtube;KZjwU1mGGaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZjwU1mGGaY[/video]

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
I just rebooted.
I can see the above video imbedded in the post, but still get an error message. "Sorry, video cannot be played"

zasran

Reaction score
The Dodge truck forum video plays fine on my Droid,

What problem do you see? Do you get an error message?

ero

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Well everything works...I can surf, upload pics to photobucket, etc....and some videos work, it just randomly doesn't play some.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know you're not giving me a hard time, I just don't understand this phone.

As for me doing something to it, what could I have done? Its never been dropped, its not hacked...I just use it for email, surfing/texting. It only gets charged with motorola chargers (one that came with it, and the droid doc).

Let's try this...I rebooted last night to get the above video to work.
This was posted and it won't play. I've not rebooted it yet again, but since the last reboot its just been on the dock...and its back to error messages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZjwU1mGGaY

You probably haven't 'done' anything. I should've clarified that statement. It could be an app. Might not be. I'm not sure why you're having the issues with YouTube. Have you made a trip to VZW to have them look at it?

Have you tried a factory reset? (This is the first thing a VZW tech will have you do)

btw.... the invisible rope video is great :)

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
If I do a factory reset, how does one go about retrieving contacts from google?

I will have to take your word on the rope trick, it still won't play for me.

I plan on going to Verizon tomorrow...haven't had time yet.

MAzing87

Reaction score
Well everything works...I can surf, upload pics to photobucket, etc....and some videos work, it just randomly doesn't play some.
This happens to me also. Some videos play, some don't. More like I can't play a video one day, and then a week or so later, if i attempt to play same video, it plays with no issues.

I too have been having problems with my phone and called Verizon, and they put me through some troubleshooting steps. I explained to the Verizon tech support that I had about 5 dropped calls, some freezes, and delays between apps to which the phone hangs on a black screen and do nothing unless I power off and turn on again. After that call, my phone was suddenly as fast as it was when I first purchased it. Hopefully, I won't run into the same issues again.